After you get a few grand saved is there really any point to save more?

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
I know obviously if your trying to buy a home or a big purchase then you have to save but really when you think about it after you save like 5k-10k for a nice safety cushion to fall back on is there really any point to save all your money like a squirrel saving nuts for the winter?

If your just a average joe and live life renting apartments and already have a car why not take most of your money and eat the best foods, wear the best clothes and take the nicest vacations?

whats the point of saving a boat load of money you may never spend and you could die tomorrow being a cheap ass

im thinking as i get older and realize what i want that its ok to spend and keep that safety savings and just live it up

i look at these old jews(seriously their bad with this) and old b*stards i work with and they are so damn cheap and will never spend a dime but they already lived the best part of their lives and will die with their money....thats fukking weak imo

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i guess if you only have yourself to deal with then i see your point. but some people have families...

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
i guess if you only have yourself to deal with then i see your point. but some people have families...

true but as a young man with no plans on having a family anytime soon i think this is the best way to go.

ive saved money before it just sits there. when i spend money on myself i feel like a million bucks walking around with new clothes and steak/shrimp in my stomach

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
true but as a young man with no plans on having a family anytime soon i think this is the best way to go.

ive saved money before it just sits there. when i spend money on myself i feel like a million bucks walking around with new clothes and steak/shrimp in my stomach

i would just reinvest it rather than burn through it. it's (money) suppose to be a tool to help you live your life in a much easier way, not just to enhance it by giving you more crap or trading it for goods. don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with buying a little something something for yourself, but in reality, people buy a whole lot of shyt that they don't need just because they want it and because they can afford it. not to mention, it's promoted within our culture to be that way. i think frugality is a good way of living because it shifts emphasis on what we value to non-material things. it's better to trade that money for an experience or opportunity that expands over time rather than just to get your "nut" in for the day...

but you should do some from column A and column B...

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i see where ts is coming from...

he's just saying live and enjoy what you have...don't spend your life obsessed about money

richer than a bytch, but I can't buy tomorrow..thats why i go hard hoe. :birdman:

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
If you're just saving to save with no actual goal for the money, it could fukk you up in the end. I had saved maybe $4000 a couple of years ago but didn't have any expenses or any reason to save and just ended up blowing the money on random bullshyt.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
it's all about balance. You need to have enough savings to take care of your obligations and any emergency that needs to pop up, you want to pass something on to your kids, etc, but really, what's the point of saving all of that money if you never enjoy any of it? If you're not going to enjoy it, someone else will, whether it's your kids, wife or whoever else when you pass on.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
To me, there's no point in saving more if you still have other bills and stuff to pay. Now if you was living your live debt-free, then I can see you saving more than that. But if you still got bills and stuff, get a nest egg up and take care of that 1st. Then you can afford to eat and live a little better but still saving at the same time.

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
save that money

invest wisely and make more money

be a boss

c'mon breh

yall are acting like investing 10k will turn into 100k. i could care less about making a 1-3k return if that on my investment that shyt is peanuts. plus you risk losing it.