After winning Oscar, writer Cord Jefferson says that there is an audience for new & different depictions of Black people in the film industry

Daps
:manny: People gonna support what they wanna support at the end of the day. Saw the movie, wasn't impressed. Main character came off like the exact type of person I can't fukking stand.
I’ll agree I dont fukk with Jeffrey Wrights character types IRL but ateotd it’s still a Black experience that deserves to be shared like all the nuanced white characters we see flicks made about.

And maybe a lil bit of all us looking past personal differences and giving Black shyt a chance or support on gp wouldn’t be a bad thing. Thought the movie was cool and well written tho

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Must it always be the off white black people in entertainment with the "profound" speeches? He looks like the other off white black person, what was his name Jesse something who left his wife to go pawg when his career took off.

need to see who he’s married to.

:unimpressed:

yall are so damn miserable

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Correct. That's the reason I always rocked with Will Smith he always took different roles which I love.

:usure:

dYHAIKsRZ7959Yf6tUM55xjV711-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Must it always be the off white black actors with the "profound" speeches? He looks like the other off white black person, what was his name Jesse something who left his wife to go pawg when his career took off.
That’s what you got out of this? The shade of black he is?

:why::snoop:

Some of you nikkas frustrate the shyt out of me.

Stay frustrated my friend

1000w

Daps
One can pawg and be pro black at the same time. Being pro black isn't necessarily anti white. All he said was he don't want stereotypical depictions.

nah, you can’t be pro-black and start a family with a non-black person. you can say things that are merited criticisms of this society, but your actions belie that sentiment if you’re settling down with a partner who isn’t helping you build the strength of the black community.

:francis: