After Sunday we need to decide what The Film Room’s GOAT prestige drama tv show is (poll ends FRIDAY)

Choose TWO. Your GOAT modern prestige drama series. (Tiers discussion below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Either the whole world has bad taste or I'm just tripping. I managed to watched succession to the end of season 3 and I simply do not get the hype at all

I have the same opinion regarding the sopranos

Y'all are tripping ranking it that highly. succession is a good series at best. I was never once glued to the edge of my seat watching it:hhh::camby:
Nah you just got shytty taste beloved.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
House Stark won the Game of Thrones, three Westerosi Kings/Queen, hurt feelings is one thing, but don't make stuff up.
I don't even know what the fukk you're talking about. I'm just saying that after that finale many GoT fans were too embarrassed to wear any of the gear they bought. Replace "Stark" with whatever House you don't like and move along.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
we need a poll for "prestige" comedy...not sure how we could even tackle it, but shyt like Veep and Curbed are just amazingly great shows

giphy.gif

4hw8xx.gif

:mjlol:
wow yall told me about this so its been my 'working from home today' background binge and got damn this show was amazing. Just started season 3. JLD is the funniest white woman ever i swear lol

Maddox just resigned :lupe:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I couldn’t get into mad Men, Ozark or Succession.

I think I have a problem caring about rich white squares going through shyt.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I couldn’t get into mad Men, Ozark or Succession.

I think I have a problem caring about rich white squares going through shyt.
I've been watching Succession and it's alright. I went in expecting not to like it as much as others do, and I was right. I have a hard time getting into the trials and tribulations of spoiled rich people.

Oh your mom fukked you out of the business that you never had to do anything to earn your spot in besides be born? Well boo fukking hoo, you're still worth like hundreds of millions, probably.

At least Mad Men and Ozark dealt some with people outside of the spoiled rich person bubble. That bubble is like 99.99% of Succession.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I've been watching Succession and it's alright. I went in expecting not to like it as much as others do, and I was right. I have a hard time getting into the trials and tribulations of spoiled rich people.

Oh your mom fukked you out of the business that you never had to do anything to earn your spot in besides be born? Well boo fukking hoo, you're still worth like hundreds of millions, probably.

At least Mad Men and Ozark dealt some with people outside of the spoiled rich person bubble. That bubble is like 99.99% of Succession.
you don't need to have empathy with characters in a drama to appreciate the acting, story, dialogue, and tension associated.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Been rewatching Mad Men. Season 3 and 4 is as good as anything on these list.
It's in the Elite tier, probably deserves a higher spot but it's one of those shows where a lot of ppl didnt watch or "didnt get", unfortunately.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the wire still king i think

sopranos remains in reach

better call saul/breaking bad just a step below

succession is top 10 for certain, maybe top 5, i'd have to think about it.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Y'all let lots of action outweigh bad characters, dialogue, and plotting. I love action and some of my favorite films ever are basically action movies, but every series revolving around action on this list is ranked pretty much an entire tier above where it should be.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ozark is not deserving of being in the Elite category IMO. I'm late to this thread, but wanted to randomly come in and throw shade on that overhyped show.

Took it's whole style from Breaking Bad and wasn't even touching it's spin off (Better Call Saul)
:wow: