After going back and playing Dark Souls 2 I realized how much of a disappointment bloodborne is.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'll start by saying its still a good game, maybe even great, but I still feel its a disappointment. The fact that I'm back to playing DS2 after bloodborne has only been out a couple weeks is a testament to that.

My biggest disappointment is all the stuff they took out of the game. I guess they were trying to make the gameplay faster, which does work on some level, but everything they had to remove takes so much away from the game, that the concessions just aren't worth it. I'd much rather be able to choose which style I want to play as opposed to it being dictated to me. That goes against what the souls series has ment to me. And its why I'd rather go back and play DS2 over bloodborne. I can try different styles and use different weapons, or set different goals for myself. In comparison bloodborne feels stripped down and I have no motivation to go back into the game.

Second would be level design. The levels don't stand out among each other. There all too similar in design and athletics. They're all very dark winding paths with a shortcut that gets you back to the lantern. None of them stood out as memorable.

Also the bosses were too easy, it may be cause I'm better at the souls formula, but I wasn't really challenged by the bosses. I think the dodge button is a bit OP. the timing window for dodges seems much larger than other souls games.

And lastly the technical issues were a big disappointment. I know souls games aren't know for their technical prowess, but this one seems worse than the others in that regard.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the game. I think my excitement and love for the series made me gloss over these issues while I was playing, but after going back to DS2 and getting a chance to reflect, I have to say bloodborne is a major disappointment personally.

Thoughts?

And please no Stan shyt, if you have not spent considerable time with the series then:camby:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
1405331692389.gif

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I loved the game.

There are less builds and stats than Dark Souls, but I also think you're overstating the lack of variety and play styles.

Some weapons and gun combos will not be effective if you choose to go strength vitality and endurance only.

Some people have 50 arcane and smashing shyt with elemental blood gems and arcane tools.

Some people using the Chikage/Evelyn build with a high focus on bloodtinge just wrecking PVP.

Canes that shoot bullets with the R buttons too. :wow:

Some people are even out here with Lagarious wheel.

Some people have skill builds using double bladed blades of mercy. And with the runes and gems you can really cater to the play style you choose.

Some people are boosting bullets they can carry with runes and focusing on high cannon damage.

Some people are boosting beast mode benefits and scaling there beast claw attacks.

Put a bolt gem on a weapon with high arcane scaling, get some additional bolt damage runes going, level you arcane and you're playing the game a whole different way.

The move sets also differ greatly between weapons and short and long mode. Range varies greatly too.

It is a fact that there are less weapons and build variations. But I still think there is more variation than you seem to think. Have you attempted focusing on skill, blood tinge or arcane or beast? Believe it or not they are viable stats and completely change how you play. Do you think you can run around with a long weapon all game like that?

Or a hybrid build like strength/vitality with a small focus on arcane etc.?

As far as difficulty, I think we've all been trained on this formula so by nature it was a bit easier.

However if you haven't done a defiled or cursed chalice or beat a depth 5 chalice, then you haven't even played the difficult parts of the game.

Abhorrent beast:wow:

Defiled Watchdog :wow:

Defiled Ebriatas :wow:

Defiled Amygdala :wow:

The game is a little dark all the time, but the areas were cool.

Nightmare realm :wow:

Mergos Loft :wow:

Forbidden woods :wow:

Unseen Village :wow:

The graveyard with the flowers :wow:

You're not wrong about anything, you're opinion is valid on all accounts, I just disagree slightly with some parts.

Edit: I also thought the lore was amazing when you piece it all together.

Last edited:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Yo Meach

Should I cop Scholar of Sins if I loved DS1 and this game?

Have you played Demons Souls too? Thinking bout going to the roots cause I never played Demons Souls

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I loved the game.

There are less builds and stats than Dark Souls, but I also think you're overstating the lack of variety and play styles.

Some weapons and gun combos will not be effective if you choose to go strength vitality and endurance only.

Some people have 50 arcane and smashing shyt with elemental blood gems and arcane tools.

Some people using the Chikage/Evelyn build with a high focus on bloodtinge just wrecking PVP.

Canes that shoot bullets with the R buttons too. :wow:

Some people are even out her with Lagarious wheel.

Some people have skill builds using double bladed blades of mercy. And with the runes and gems you can really cater to the play style you choose.

Some people are boosting bullets they can carry with runes and focusing on high cannon damage.

Some people are boosting beast mode benefits and scaling there beast claw attacks.

Put a bolt gem on a weapon with high arcane scaling, get some additional bot damage runes going, level you arcane and you're playing the game a whole different way.

The move sets also differ greatly between weapons and short and long mode. Range varies greatly too.

It is a fact that there are less weapons and build variations. But I still think there is more variation than you seem to think. Have you attempted focusing on skill, blood tinge or arcane or beast? Believe it or not they are viable stats and completely change how you play. Do you think you can run around with a long weapon all game like that?

Or a hybrid build like strength/vitality with a small focus on arcane etc.?

As far as difficulty, I think we've all been trained on this formula so by nature it was a bit easier.

However if you haven't done a defiled or cursed chalice or beat a depth 5 chalice, then you haven't even played the difficult parts of the game.

Abhorrent beast:wow:

Defiled Watchdog :wow:

Defiled Ebriatas :wow:

Defiled Amygdala :wow:

The game is a little dark all the time, but the areas were cool.

Nightmare realm :wow:

Mergos Loft :wow:

Forbidden woods :wow:

Unseen Village :wow:

The graveyard with the flowers :wow:

You're not wrong about anything, you're opinion is valid on all accounts, I just disagree slightly with some parts.

Edit: I also thought the lore was amazing when you piece it all together.
Yeah the lore/setting was my favorite part. I liked that some of the enemies still had some humanity and acted as such.

As far as the play styles available I agree with what you said. But think about the previous souls games. All of that was available within each play style. You can choose to be a heavy armored person and still have all those types of options, but you could also be light, or a magic user. Or a bow and arrow user. You could have have armor but still fight fast with a dagger. You could be light with a heavy hammer. The possibilities are seemingly limitless. In bloodborne while there are a lot of possibilities, ultimately the playstyle is the same. Light with a focus on dodges and quick attacks.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yo Meach

Should I cop Scholar of Sins if I loved DS1 and this game?

Have you played Demons Souls too? Thinking bout going to the roots cause I never played Demons Souls

Yeah, I just copped it even though I played the hell out of the OG DS2. They changed up and added a lot. The sheer amount of shyt in the game is what got me to make this thread.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Yeah the lore/setting was my favorite part. I liked that some of the enemies still had some humanity and acted as such.

As far as the play styles available I agree with what you said. But think about the previous souls games. All of that was available within each play style. You can choose to be a heavy armored person and still have all those types of options, but you could also be light, or a magic user. Or a bow and arrow user. You could have have armor but still fight fast with a dagger. You could be light with a heavy hammer. The possibilities are seemingly limitless. In bloodborne while there are a lot of possibilities, ultimately the playstyle is the same. Light with a focus on dodges and quick attacks.
:manny: We're on the same page then

As much as people hate on you you're not trolling with this thread

Even admitted it's a great game

I'm real close to copping the DS2 re-release to play a souls game at 60fps. These games are the type of games that could really benefit from 60fps.

I heard the PVP is poppin too

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'll start by saying its still a good game, maybe even great, but I still feel its a disappointment. The fact that I'm back to playing DS2 after bloodborne has only been out a couple weeks is a testament to that.

My biggest disappointment is all the stuff they took out of the game. I guess they were trying to make the gameplay faster, which does work on some level, but everything they had to remove takes so much away from the game, that the concessions just aren't worth it. I'd much rather be able to choose which style I want to play as opposed to it being dictated to me. That goes against what the souls series has ment to me. And its why I'd rather go back and play DS2 over bloodborne. I can try different styles and use different weapons, or set different goals for myself. In comparison bloodborne feels stripped down and I have no motivation to go back into the game.

Second would be level design. The levels don't stand out among each other. There all too similar in design and athletics. They're all very dark winding paths with a shortcut that gets you back to the lantern. None of them stood out as memorable.

Also the bosses were too easy, it may be cause I'm better at the souls formula, but I wasn't really challenged by the bosses. I think the dodge button is a bit OP. the timing window for dodges seems much larger than other souls games.

And lastly the technical issues were a big disappointment. I know souls games aren't know for their technical prowess, but this one seems worse than the others in that regard.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the game. I think my excitement and love for the series made me gloss over these issues while I was playing, but after going back to DS2 and getting a chance to reflect, I have to say bloodborne is a major disappointment personally.

Thoughts?

And please no Stan shyt, if you have not spent considerable time with the series then:camby:
How many houses did you spend playing bloodborne:sas2: