After Beating Tomb Raider...

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
looks like it would be fun for a few hours but just not interested in it. it's the same old stale shooter/upgrade/set piece system that I'm about sick of.

I'll play it when it's like 15 - 20 bucks. I could be wrong, but fukk it I'll find out then.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
looks like it would be fun for a few hours but just not interested in it. it's the same old stale shooter/upgrade/set piece system that I'm about sick of.

I'll play it when it's like 15 - 20 bucks. I could be wrong, but fukk it I'll find out then.
Its down to about $24 if you are looking for the right version :blessed:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
i guess if you were comparing this game to Uncharted it beats it for depth and combat but it totally lacks the charm and personality Uncharted has. the whole cast here is blah. there's no humor or fun or sense of an enjoyable adventure here you're just methodically plodding through a technical wonder of a game that's a mash up of several different titles.

to me the game is fun and looks great but the story and narrative just fall flat. it this game wasn't called Tomb Raider i don't see it getting the sort of attention it got on its own merit. if they can develop a better cast of characters they defiantly have a path to beating out the Uncharted series in terms of overall quality.

to me that's the thing Uncharted gets right. the gameplay is just a bridge between points in the narrative. its not all that deep but its serviceable. here is almost the exact opposite. the gameplay is somewhat deeper and the story is more generic and bland so far.

it took so long to finally get a melee attack but once i got it i just ran up on people with that axe and killed them even favoring that over the guns and bow. i find all these upgrades you have to earn to be annoying in a third person style game like this. i'm sick of leveling up and looking for salvage.

Damn you pretty much nailed it. The exact reason why I'm completely uninterested in this game. If this shyt came out like 2 years ago I might fukk with it but it's a little late for this kind of derivative trash.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh

I beat it last night and actually played it for about 6 hours straight at one point. To me it shyts on Uncharted 3 and is neck and neck with Uncharted 2. It's not the same old stale shooter (and I thought it would be too)

Edit: Still wouldn't pay $60, so you doing the right thing

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I beat it last night and actually played it for about 6 hours straight at one point. To me it shyts on Uncharted 3 and is neck and neck with Uncharted 2. It's not the same old stale shooter (and I thought it would be too)

Edit: Still wouldn't pay $60, so you doing the right thing

that's the issue paying 60 for it I cant cosign, but the game is amazing nice set up for the eventual sequel as well

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
that's the issue paying 60 for it I cant cosign, but the game is amazing nice set up for the eventual sequel as well

Yeah, I never cared for TR games but I fukks with this one. Have you played MP on it? Only asking because I've read mixed reviews but I *have it* on PC so I can only play Single Player

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Yeah, I never cared for TR games but I fukks with this one. Have you played MP on it? Only asking because I've read mixed reviews but I *have it* on PC so I can only play Single Player

yea its trash not missing nothing at all

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So far I'm a bit past shantytown and I agree that the cast and story of the game is very stale compared to Uncharted. So far in this, I didn't care nor feel for any of the cast. I also didn't find the gameplay to be any better than Uncharted to be quite frank. It's simply bow and arrow your way through dumb AI. The AI in this is dumb as hell and hardly gives you a challenge. This game is just way too easy. I wouldn't put this game above any of the Uncharted's thus far. I'd say it's as good as the first Uncharted. I still prefer UC2 and 3 vastly to this. Overhyped imo because it's a multiplatform game that resembles Uncharted. All the extra upgrade, campfire shyt in this game seems like it was just added for the sake of adding. It's like they went through a laundry list of things to put in the game to appease brain dead casuals. Don't get me wrong I like it but they need to work on the acting, story and combat. The combat isn't as fun as Uncharted to me.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i guess if you were comparing this game to Uncharted it beats it for depth and combat but it totally lacks the charm and personality Uncharted has. the whole cast here is blah. there's no humor or fun or sense of an enjoyable adventure here you're just methodically plodding through a technical wonder of a game that's a mash up of several different titles.

to me the game is fun and looks great but the story and narrative just fall flat. it this game wasn't called Tomb Raider i don't see it getting the sort of attention it got on its own merit. if they can develop a better cast of characters they defiantly have a path to beating out the Uncharted series in terms of overall quality.

to me that's the thing Uncharted gets right. the gameplay is just a bridge between points in the narrative. its not all that deep but its serviceable. here is almost the exact opposite. the gameplay is somewhat deeper and the story is more generic and bland so far.

it took so long to finally get a melee attack but once i got it i just ran up on people with that axe and killed them even favoring that over the guns and bow. i find all these upgrades you have to earn to be annoying in a third person style game like this. i'm sick of leveling up and looking for salvage.
I agree with this post. But I disagree that it makes uncharted a better game. In my opinion gameplay is most important in a game and tomb raider is much better in this aspect. Uncharted is just room to room shooting bad guys. Tomb raider actually lets you explore, the platforming is better, the crafting system adds an element of customization. The combat is varied and the story moves the action along pretty well.

Uncharted has better characters and story but IMO the gameplay takes away from the narative. I'd rather watch an uncharted movie than play the game.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Metal Gear Rising
Crysis 3
DMC
AC3

are my newest games and out of all Tomb Raider is the one I couldn't put down once I gave it a spin. One of the best games I've played this gen.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
How fukked are some of the deaths she can have, I saw one where the spike went threw her throat in the water and that shyt had me like :damn:

Thats One Of The 1st Things That Stood Out To Me, Some Of Her Deaths Were Dead Ass Hard To Watch lol