After A Month of Watching AEW, I Gotta Admit. . . .

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I miss "Lucha Underground".

Now, I've been waiting for any, any real competition for Vince's racist ass and so I'm watching week in and week out and I'm giving them a big chance.

I love what they're doing with Private Party & SCU, in terms of representing Black folks.

But, I'm just kinda meh with it.:yeshrug:

It's not terrible, but not great either, and I actually think Jim Cornette is right about them making a mistake in adopting a lot of the Indy hallmarks (silly wrestlers like Orange Cassidy, wrestlers who are too small to be credible like Marko Stunt & Riho, and finisher spamming)

And just being real, even though Lucha had a lot of these hallmarks, it just was written a lot better and almost seemed more believable, even though it was spectacularly ridiculous.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
My only beef is they aren't fleshing out the characters. Jericho gets mic time, but who else?

Sometimes ur show doesn't need to start with a match. Spend 5-10 mins on the mic segments.

Also, Scorpio Sky is a certified champ. He just has "it". They need to continue to build him up quickly. But for that, he needs mic time each week. The Friedman kid needs mic time, Riho needs a translator...shes your champ and nevet speaks. None of the women speak. Darby Allen doesn't speak etc.

They gotta flesh out these characters.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
My only beef is they aren't fleshing out the characters. Jericho gets mic time, but who else?

Sometimes ur show doesn't need to start with a match. Spend 5-10 mins on the mic segments.

Also, Scorpio Sky is a certified champ. He just has "it". They need to continue to build him up quickly. But for that, he needs mic time each week. The Friedman kid needs mic time, Riho needs a translator...shes your champ and nevet speaks. None of the women speak. Darby Allen doesn't speak etc.

They gotta flesh out these characters.

This.

Can’t stand Russo but his point about fans care more about characters than matches is valid. Especially modern day

Dolo

Superstar
Daps
Im liking it more and more every week tbh, the wrestling still great and they telling stories more, plus Le Champion being the face is just :wow: guaranteed fukkery every week

Last edited: