Essential Afro-Latino/ Caribbean Current Events

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

:jbhmm::patrice:...............................still need them reparations:usure::martin::pachaha:

No way their just cancelling Haiti's debt like that....this is fukking France after all. They been fukking with Haiti for a long time.. :skip:

wonder if it's because Haiti is joining the AU:jbhmm:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
No way their just cancelling Haiti's debt like that....this is fukking France after all. They been fukking with Haiti for a long time.. :skip:

wonder if it's because Haiti is joining the AU:jbhmm:

France said they'd do this last summer, long before the Haiti-AU news. I think France is over it and handing it over to the US.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I know this is a noob question, but what does Haiti joining the AU does for Haiti?

The primary benefit for Haiti in joining the AU will be the economic ties.

“Haiti wants to develop a lot of industries, tourism one of them,” said Pierre-Pierre, a former New York Times reporter. “I think there are a lot of opportunities for commerce, for raw materials that are plentiful in Africa.”

It works both ways.

“As Africa develops industries it will be looking for markets, and Haiti will be one of them,” said Pierre-Pierre.

Beyond the economic ties that bind, joining the AU is for most Haitians a symbolic step — the union has been discussed for several years. Pierre-Pierre thinks that in 20 years, Haitians will look back on the decision and say, “What a brilliant move this was. What took it so long?”

Haiti, a Caribbean country, is joining the African Union

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The primary benefit for Haiti in joining the AU will be the economic ties.

“Haiti wants to develop a lot of industries, tourism one of them,” said Pierre-Pierre, a former New York Times reporter. “I think there are a lot of opportunities for commerce, for raw materials that are plentiful in Africa.”

It works both ways.

“As Africa develops industries it will be looking for markets, and Haiti will be one of them,” said Pierre-Pierre.

Beyond the economic ties that bind, joining the AU is for most Haitians a symbolic step — the union has been discussed for several years. Pierre-Pierre thinks that in 20 years, Haitians will look back on the decision and say, “What a brilliant move this was. What took it so long?”

Haiti, a Caribbean country, is joining the African Union

Very good post and why the heck did my dumbass not think of this!???:snoop: Of course, I forgot that Africa is trying to develop its industries like China did post-Cold War. And now China is looking for markets i.e Africa. China develops Africa's industries while becoming a service nation(like the USA), and once Africa becomes like China now(developed industries but not yet service nation), the next step is looking for markets. And who better such as a Caribbean country like Haiti? My only issue is the very corrupt politicians and leaders in Haiti.

But imo this is probably the closest thing we'll get to a "pan-Africanism." I know this would never happen, but if the AU gets its act together I think it would be a good idea for most Afro-Caribbean islands joining the AU and becoming a market for Africa. My only grip is will the monster north(USA) meddle in this?

Anyways your knowledge on current African descent affairs/events is top notch. :win::salute:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
France said they'd do this last summer, long before the Haiti-AU news. I think France is over it and handing it over to the US.

They in West Africa fukking it up.

That makes sense.. still got those 12-14 Africa countries paying into France. So their hands are probably full..

And they got the USA/Clintons fukking with Haiti..

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
That makes sense.. still got those 12-14 Africa countries paying into France. So their hands are probably full..

And they got the USA/Clintons fukking with Haiti..
How could I forget about the Clintons...:pacspit:

And what France is doing to its former colonies is basically extortion.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Speaking of Haiti there is news that Guy Philipe is back at it again. This past Sunday the deadline for transitional President Privert to give up power was up. But there is still no plans for elections again. So today Guy Philipe militia of experience military killed two cops in Aux Cayes. Guy Philipe said he is planning to go to Port Aug Prince to remove Privert by force. SMH. PNH chased them and there was a car filled with Guy Philipe's men that had a car crash and 7 men died. Rest of the guys got arrested. Man I hope what happened in 2004 doesn't happen again. Smh. My mom is supposed to go to Haiti on Thursday to bury my grandad. God damn it man. The crisis in Haiti is getting worse.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Speaking of Haiti there is news that Guy Philipe is back at it again. This past Sunday the deadline for transitional President Privert to give up power was up. But there is still no plans for elections again. So today Guy Philipe militia of experience military killed two cops in Aux Cayes. Guy Philipe said he is planning to go to Port Aug Prince to remove Privert by force. SMH. PNH chased them and there was a car filled with Guy Philipe's men that had a car crash and 7 men died. Rest of the guys got arrested. Man I hope what happened in 2004 doesn't happen again. Smh. My mom is supposed to go to Haiti on Thursday to bury my grandad. God damn it man. The crisis in Haiti is getting worse.

Its like an never ending cycle.