Africa's biggest Jesus statue’ unveiled in Nigeria...Nigerians get tf in here.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Religion will always be a big part of African lives take it or leave it, and honestly without it Nigeria would be an even bigger mess than it is right now. It has given social structure to a nation without it and has been one of the few uniting factors in a nation of over 1000 tribes.

As for your second point it would be foolish to believe that if AAs had their own nation they would act differently from what is happening in Africa, you would not even be African American you would just be African. with the same problems facing the continent from centuries of white rule and exploitation.

This belief that Christianity encourages white worship is beyond stupid, the white worship that can be seen from Africans/Asians and all other minorities comes from the History of colonialism and rule over these peoples, combined with the wealth and success of the west and Europe (Ironically derived from this same exploitation) has created a real sense that "whites are superior" In Africa and Asia. That is why in marriages white men or women are always seen as acceptable alternatives in African or Asian Families. (Altho i will admit the incorrect portrayal of Jesus as a white man was indeed another tool used by whites for a type of suppression like you said, still most Africans i know and talked to do not place this in high regards for how the feel about whites. Financial success is the biggest reason stated when i asked)

Another Factor is Pure Jealousy, Africans think AAs are stupid for wasting the opportunities given in America considering the poverty they endure in their nations, what they do not understand is AAs have been under systematic oppression along with the destruction of the family unit as well as social and economic repression that is ongoing today has created an environment in which no race would be successful. The Fact that African Americans have even made it this far is a miracle in itself..

Colonialism is nothing compared to having to grow your culture completely in the confines and belly of the beast
Theres nothing any culture can say to Black America about this. We've lived in the heart of the biggest white supremacy/empire for the last 400 years
That shyt is just pure c00nery

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Colonialism is nothing compared to having to grow your culture completely in the confines and belly of the beast
Theres nothing any culture can say to Black America about this. We've lived in the heart of the biggest white supremacy/empire for the last 400 years
That shyt is just pure c00nery

Errr No.

In scale of Destruction and division there is nothing that will ever compare to the rape of an entire Continent and Race of Humans, with that said we should not be comparing anyway.

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
GEN-BUHARI-MET-BISHOPS-PIX-6.jpg

its just disheartening that even on the motherland, y'all looking towards the arabs and cacs for your religious deities. :francis:

:snoop:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Errr No.

In scale of Destruction and division there is nothing that will ever compare to the rape of an entire Continent and Race of Humans, with that said we should not be comparing anyway.
Your talking about race,about continents
Im talking about what was done to a specific ethnic group of people who had much less means to defend themselves:yeshrug:

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
A rise in atheism will divide blacks more than we already are, and thus, won't shyt get accomplished

If the status quo we've been maintaining for the past several decades doesn't get shaken up, (especially with the rise of social media/killings) we're going to remain mental slaves.

On average, Im certain the vast majority of us don't actually care about religion beyond the same rote dogma drilled into us by our grandparents, female relatives in general, and so on, but those of us that are atheist/agnostic who understand the reasons behind why Christianity was never meant for us tend to be about that action in other areas (academics, group economics, black success).

Daps
Reppin
NULL
n, but those of us that are atheist/agnostic who understand the reasons behind why Christianity was never meant for us tend to be about that action in other areas (academics, group economics, black success)

:pachaha:

And you have proof of this? And why use "christianity" as the scapegoat... when they're muslim blacks, blacks who believe in ATR, etc.........

Only on thecoli do you hear that if you believe in GOD, you won't strive to be "successful"(according to the white man's definition that is)

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your talking about race,about continents
Im talking about what was done to a specific ethnic group of people who had much less means to defend themselves:yeshrug:

I dont really see what is accomplished by comparing suffering tho :yeshrug:

Even after all the suffering AAs are by far the richest black people on our planet(how sad is that:wow:)

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:pachaha:

And you have proof of this? And why use "christianity" as the scapegoat... when they're muslim blacks, blacks who believe in ATR, etc.........

Only on thecoli do you hear that if you believe in GOD, you won't strive to be "successful"(according to the white man's definition that is)

pretty much, people have a really skewed perception of religion on here. Only place where ive seen this much anti religious talk is on reddit, and we know the type of people who post there :mjpls:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I'm sorry but am I suppose to care?

I mean, you always care about the mentality of black people from the motherland. I, too, find it offensive for a white Jesus statue to be on the forefront.

Ezigbo Nwanyi

From the East
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Home of Dr. Michael Okpara & GeneralAguiyi-Ironsi
I mean, you always care about the mentality of black people from the motherland. I, too, find it offensive for a white Jesus statue to be on the forefront.

2016 I'm about action and not internet activism. My opinion is I dont control the actions of other people neither do I condone that image of Jesus. ....fin

• Dap
Reactions: Dip