Africans gon Afric: 'Ethnic cleansing under way' in South Sudan

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
This is crazy. Again the reason why "military" or rebel leaders should not be heads of states. But one more observation isn't it funny that Africans from X country can successfully co exist and living in multi-cultural industrialized Western country but cannot coexist with different ethnicities and cultures in their country of origin.

I'd say most conflicts are linked to access to ressources (land, cattle, or raw materials to sell), and that struggle is not the same in Western countries, where the struggle is access to jobs/housing etc, and where more often than not they are all seen as "Africans" before being from this or that ethnic group. So they all go through the same issues and all have to deal with the same racism, doesn't matter which region you come from. I guess this creates some kind of "togetherness" in the face of that common adversity.

Also, conflicts in the country of origin often go back for decades (something most western media doesn't take into account), as long as you're in the country you're still linked to that history, once you're outside somewhat less.

With that being said, I'm not totally sure ALL different groups coexist peacefully even abroad. I remember there were issues between the Congolese, Rwandan and Burundian communities in Brussels, given the issues in that area of Africa.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How does genocide on this magnitude goes on without condemnation:wow::damn::scust:

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
How does genocide on this magnitude goes on without condemnation:wow::damn::scust:

Because they're not an obvious enemy, unless you want to just drop a nuke on the entire area, outside intervention isn't going to change deep seeded racism

phobos:\\

All Star
Daps
Too many ethnically identified people, no real structure or power. That is a disaster in the making.

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
With that being said, I'm not totally sure ALL different groups coexist peacefully even abroad. I remember there were issues between the Congolese, Rwandan and Burundian communities in Brussels, given the issues in that area of Africa.
In the UK, even though there is a big overlap, and a hell of a lot of ppl frm these countries have at least one grand parent from the other nation, by and large people stay closest with those from their country. But ppl from close regions like Congolese from far east e.g Goma will have close immediate links to Ugandans from places near the border like Kasese

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
This will lead to another refugee crisis in the region. This Great Lakes Region is always filled with problems.
Lol. The whole world is full of serious problems. The issues in east Africa aren't unique in these chaotic times we're living through.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Lol. The whole world is full of serious problems. The issues in east Africa aren't unique in these chaotic times we're living through.

The Great Lakes region lost 6 million (conservative estimate ) people between 1997-2003 due to wars and conflicts God knows how many were displaced. Most of the ICC suspects are accused of contributing to conflicts in that region. So I doubt it is the type of phenomenon you can find a lot of places in the world.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
this is why its a fallacy to believe religion is the cause of war, conflict, bloodshed etc.

Tribalism is the cause

64 ethnic groups can not co exist because any small issue between individuals will spark a powder keg of tribal tensions and lead to shyt like this

Atleast with religion there is some unity among the population

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
unfortunately, most that knew the secession wasn't going to solve any of sudan's inherent problems knew this was going to happen

only those that has bought in to the two-dimensional western narrative of the history and context of events there would be surprised