African Immigirants Most educated groups in the US.

HowardHughes

Still hiding
Daps
Reppin
Vegas
African immigrants to the U.S. are among the most educated groups in the United States. Some 48.9 percent of all African immigrants hold a college diploma. This is more than double the rate of native-born white Americans, and nearly four times the rate of native-born African Americans.[12]

According to the 2000 Census, the rate of college diploma acquisition is highest among Egyptian Americans at 59.7 percent, followed closely by Nigerian Americans at 58.6 percent.[13][14]

In 1997, 19.4 percent of all adult African immigrants in the United States held a graduate degree, compared to 8.1 percent of adult white Americans and 3.8 percent of adult black Americans in the United States, respectively.[
15]

According to the 2000 Census, the percentage of Africans with a graduate degree is highest among Nigerian Americans at 28.3 percent, followed by Egyptian Americans at 23.8 percent.[13][14]

:ohhh:

ThugLife

Diehard Jimmy Buckets fan
Daps
Reppin
I bought a Carbon 15 when I was 18
Yall dont realize how serious these cats take their education

They dont take a single thing for granted when they come here

Haitians too. My dad snuck into this country with nothing but the clothes on his back now he makes almost 100k a year

The American Dream still exists yall, let's get this money. :salute:

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Haitians too. My dad snuck into this country with nothing but the clothes on his back now he makes almost 100k a year

Does he post on The-Coli also? :skip:

HowardHughes

Still hiding
Daps
Reppin
Vegas

:whoo:

Education is a significant factor in the lives of Haitian American youth, particular as many aspire towards certain professions i.e medicine and law that will enable them to give back to their communities.[8] It is important to note that many Haitian youth that immigrate have been trained in top Haitian middle schools, high schools, and colleges that aptly prepare them for such pursuits.

Thats the attitude all Blacks need to have breh imagine what
could happen :lupe:

But sadly nikkas dont want to hear that.

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Interesting thread.

I just finished graduate school (law) and am excited to actually help out my community and pay it forward but I have also come to understand that, due to my african background, I have a more specific community that I can help build, whereas it's not really fair to expect african americans generally to help other african americans generally. It would be like expecting all native americans to help all other native americans when there is no closer context or relation points

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Africans and people from the Caribbean are the model minority. But ofcourse the CACs have to give it to the Asians.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Uhh..no, its because the africans which migrate to america typically come over with a strong family education background and money. The elite of the rest of the world migrate to america and skew stats. Americans who move to germany, uk, and japan are PRETTY EDUCATED for example.

Lets compare 2nd and 3rd generation migrants, or even more so, african immigrants vs their korean, chinese and indian counterparts.

Lets compare apples to apples :upsetfavre: