African Dictator & US Ally William Ruto: Huge Protest(Unprecedented) in Kenya #RejectFinanceBill2024

Bushmaster69

Superstar
Daps
what are the odds the 2 WOAT presidents the country has had are both Kalenjin tribe.

both regressive dictators

:mjpls:

12 people disappeared in the night before protest for being outspoken

the coli "why do you run, go and fix home". can't do much in death beloved... this is why we get asylum even when we are not at war... you don't know what is in any refugees file. hold your tongue
Ok buts lets not act like Kikuyus didnt help Ruto get that position.

Stupid tribalism and old rivalries with Luos persuaded many kikuyus to vote for Ruto.

Uhuru tried to warn them not to vote for Ruto, but they didn't listen. I was in kenya during the rallys right before his election to presidency. Raila was the best option.

But no.

Everybody wanted the hustler.

Well they got the hustler now.

Last edited:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
More so

Kenyan government has been taking out loans for years from World Bank and China at bad interest rates and can't generate revenue to pay them back.

Ukraine war when energy prices skyrocketed is when my friends there really started to feel the crunch.

Ruto comes into power and has been raising taxes and cutting public services (bad policy) to address the debt making life very hard for Kenyans. This Finance Bill was the breaking point but a lot lead up to this.

IMF steps in during the Biden deal and tells them to commit further budget cuts and taxation.

This is all while politicians get paid salaries 10000x what the average Kenyan makes.

Its just sad because without African countries having access to low interest capital and ways to generate revenue, its an endless cycle.

this is happening in most countries...
difference here is the political left has convinced people high taxes are good

what the U.S. has going for it is its the most stable economy and the Dollar is the worlds currency

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

what the U.S. has going for it is its the most stable economy and the Dollar is the worlds currency
The political left has convinced people that high taxes on very rich is good and it should be used on things like universal health care, pre-K, and shoring up social security. But of course, this is another topic for another thread.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps

Ehhh partially correct but id say the inability to generate revenue acutely impacts African nations the most.

Its a vicious cycle because how can you get fukked up loan deals and struggle to generate revenue and somehow push forward?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Ok buts lets not act like Kikuyus didnt help Ruto get that position.

Stupid tribalism and old rivalries with Luos persuaded many kikuyus to vote for Ruto.

Uhuru tried to warn them not to vote for Ruto, but they didn't listen. I was in kenya during the rallys right before his election to presidency. Raila was the best option.

But no.

Everybody wanted the hustler.

Well they got the hustler now.
They are idiots. I was sure Raila was going to win. And Kenyans will have to learn to have nationalistic views but it's hard. I don't think our rift valley brothers will get another run at office in my lifetime. Twice is enough

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
They are idiots. I was sure Raila was going to win. And Kenyans will have to learn to have nationalistic views but it's hard. I don't think our rift valley brothers will get another run at office in my lifetime. Twice is enough

If history and politics have taught you nothing else, it's definitely "never say never". :ufdup:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

bnew

Veteran
Daps

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Kenyan President Ruto rejects finance bill​

By Reuters

June 26, 20249:56 AM EDTUpdated 21 min ago

NAIROBI, June 26 (Reuters) - Kenyan President William Ruto said on Wednesday that he was rejecting the finance bill and was withdrawing it, a day after violent protests broke out across the country over the passing of the bill by parliament.

The Reuters Daily Briefing newsletter provides all the news you need to start your day. Sign up here.

Reporting by Hereward Holland, Writing by Bhargav Acharya; Editing by Bate Felix

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Can someone school me on the Tax concerns? Does Kenya tend to squander Tax money? Kenya seems like one of the few Competent African countries right now, so not sure if this is just folks hating on tax, or Kenya having a record of squandering tax dollars. Modern nations need taxes to expand and fund shyt to make the country competitive for the future.