African culture: Ethiopias and eritreas cultural/ethnic diversity appreciation thread

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
There are at least 15-20 in Africa alone.
Ethnic diversity is rich in Africa specifically the bantu nations, but I think Ethiopia has that rare combination of cultural, ethnic, phenotypical, and genotypical diversity. But I get what your saying. When it comes to ethnic diversity, you can't beat central and Western Africa.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Gondar - Amharas spiritual home
093.jpg

Gondar-34e7a823-bac2-4c6b-9a8b-68a77f545dc9.jpg

fasil-castle.jpg

ptg03519312.jpg

Fasilidas bath
fasil-ghebbi-3.jpg

fasil-ghebbi-2.jpg

Gondar-Castles-564x272.jpg

175821851-king-fasilides-castle-fasil-ghebbi-gondar-gettyimages.jpg

ETHIOPIA+-+Fasil+Ghebbi%252C+Gondar+Region.jpg

173987383.jpg

Getahun-Birhanu-Sendek.jpg

Gondar_Castles__Fasil_Ghe-Fasil_Ghebbi-20000000002307705-500x375.jpg

GONDER_D-B-SILASSE_CHURCH.jpg

Gondar.jpg

What style of architecture is this? Can you tell me the dates of the construction of these buildings? Beautiful stuff.

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
What style of architecture is this? Can you tell me the dates of the construction of these buildings? Beautiful stuff.
Not too sure, but I know but I think it has both elements of local Axumite, arab and Portuguese architecture. But they were all built by Amhara and the Falasha ethiopian Jews. The Portuguese Jesuit priests were the source of the European influence. They were built between the 14th and 18th century

Last edited:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Not too sure, but I know but I think it has both elements of local Axumite, arab and Portuguese architecture. But they were all built by Amhara and the Falasha ethiopian Jews. The Portuguese Jesuit priests were the source of the European influence. They were built between the 14th and 18th century

Beautiful stuff. It definitely has visible a blend of European and Arabic styles but also is unique (at least to me) in a way I can't put my finger on.

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
Beautiful stuff. It definitely has visible a blend of European and Arabic styles but also is unique (at least to me) in a way I can't put my finger on.

You'd probably see the axumite influence if you know what Aksumite architecture looks like. Too bad most of the grandest Aksumite buildings(we are talking about mansions and palaces) are buried in the axum region of Tigray. Some have estimated that up to 99 percent of axum needs to be excavated. These are some buildings with Aksumite architecture

3251123-pure-Axumite-architecture-0.jpg

images

images

AF2_119.JPG

TaakhaMaryam.jpg

Last edited:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
What do you mean by this?

meaning... the people in the Bible who are prophets... and Quran and other text....... even in ancient times.. many of them knocked up women from Ethiopia.

+ some other non religious things I've read.:ehh:

Just looking at a bunch of stuff this is the conclusion I've came up with. Even yahweh's blood line ended up there.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Thats fascinating. Source?

The Voice of Africa, by Dr. Leo Froebenius;
Prehistoric Nations
, and Ancient America, by John D. Baldwin;
Rivers of Life, by Major-General J. G. R. Forlong;
A Book of the Beginnings
by Gerald Massey; Children of the Sun and The Growth of Civilization, by W. J. Perry; The Negro by Professor W.E.B. DuBois; The Anacalypsis, by Sir Godfrey Higgins; Isis Unveiled by Madam H. P. Blavatsky; The Diffusion of Culture, by Sir Grafton Elliot Smith; The Mediterranean Race, by Professor Sergi; The Ruins of Empires, by Count Volney; The Races of Europe, by Professor William Z. Ripley; and last but not least, the brilliant monographs of Mr. Maynard Shipley: New Light on Prehistoric Cultures and Americans of a Million Years Age.The Voice of Africa, by Dr. Leo Froebenius; Prehistoric Nations, and Ancient America, by John D. Baldwin; Rivers of Life, by Major-General J. G. R. Forlong;
A Book of the Beginnings by Gerald Massey; Children of the Sun and The Growth of Civilization, by W. J. Perry; The Negro by Professor W.E.B. DuBois; The Anacalypsis, by Sir Godfrey Higgins; Isis Unveiled by Madam H. P. Blavatsky; The Diffusion of Culture, by Sir Grafton Elliot Smith;

The Mediterranean Race, by Professor Sergi;
The Ruins of Empires, by Count Volney;

The Races of Europe
, by Professor William Z. Ripley;

Maynard Shipley: New Light on Prehistoric Cultures and Americans of a Million Years Age.

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
Tigray-Tigrenya people
{quote] The Tigray-Tigrinya (ትግራይ - ትግርኛ) are an ethnic group inhabiting the southern and central parts of Eritrea and the northern highlands of Ethiopia's Tigray Region. Prior to 1995, they lived in Ethiopia's former provinces of Tigray, Begemder (Gonder), and Wollo, with the regions within these provinces that they inhabited (e.g. Wolqayt, Tsegede, Tselemti, Raya, Humera) later incorporated into the modern Tigray Region. The Tigraypeople, eponymous with the name of their territory, make up approximately 96.6% of the inhabitants of the Tigray Region,[5] and comprise 6.1% of Ethiopia's total population, numbering a little over 5.7 million.[6] Group members in Eritrea are known by the name of their language, Tigrinya, and they constitute around 50% of the population,[7] at about 3.4 million people. They primarily live in a region of Eritrea known as the Kebessa, contained within the former awrajas of Hamasien, Seraye, and Akele Guzay, these later incorporated into Eritrea's present-day regions. The Tigray-Tigrinya speak Tigrinya, an Afro-Asiatic language belonging to the family's Semitic branch. Members from this ethnic group today form the dominant political force in both Ethiopia and Eritrea[/quote]
Notable people

AFP_Ethiopian_pm_Meles_Zenawi_09mar10_eng_300.jpg

tigray-Yohhanes%20IV.jpg

images

AbunaPaulos.jpg

640px-Ras_Mangasha_1.jpg

Yohannesson.jpg

images

640px-Isaias_Afwerki_in_2002.jpg