African culture: Ethiopias and eritreas cultural/ethnic diversity appreciation thread

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
xZBBnrn.jpg

igUjiO4.jpg

yasu’s Palace, built buy king Iyasu I, can be found within the Fasil Ghebbi. In its time it was described as greater even than the House of Solomon. It was said to be lavishly decorated with all manner of finery. Gold-leaf adorned the ceilings, as did gemstones of the finest quality. Ivory and fine woodworking covered the inner walls, as did majestic paintings of flora. In the intervening years, however, all of this finery has vanished, moved elsewhere, looted, or destroyed by the ravages of time. Iyasu’s Palace, like much of Fasil Ghebbi, is now no more than a reflection of its former glory.

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
Mentewab's Castle, Gondar, Ethiopia | built in 1700
9wDHE4q.jpg

His Majesty Mentewab Empress of Ethiopia

Mentewab laying prostate at St. Mary's feet
MQIyH5W.jpg

Mentewab (Ge'ez : ምንትዋብ min-tiwwāb, Amharic: "How beautiful"; ca. 1706 - 27 June 1773), was Empress of Ethiopia, consort of Emperor Bakaffa, mother of Iyasu II and grandmother of Iyoas I. She was also known officially by her baptismal name of Welete Giyorgis ("Daughter of St. George"). Mentewab was a major political figure during the reigns of her son the Emperor Iyasu and grandson Iyoas. Empress Mentewab was also known by the honorific of Berhan Mogasa or "Glorifier of Light". This was to compliment the honorific of her son Iyasu II, who was Berhan Seged or "He To Whom the Light Bows".

She built several significant structures in Gondar, including her own castle in the Royal Enclosure, and a large banqueting hall as well. Most significantly she built a church dedicated to the Virgin Mary at Qusquam (named for a site in Egypt where the Holy Family had stayed during their exile) in the mountains outside of Gondar. Empress Mentewab also built a palace adjoining her church, which became her favored residence.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
not even close

Not even close? I think that's salt breh. Sure, I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the MOST diverse but it's very diverse in Ethiopia. You seem to always have some shyt to say when anything Ethiopia is brought up. Share your feelings with the brehs, i'll be back later to chime in. :ehh:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Not even close? I think that's salt breh. Sure, I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the MOST diverse but it's very diverse in Ethiopia. You seem to always have some shyt to say when anything Ethiopia is brought up. Share your feelings with the brehs, i'll be back later to chime in. :ehh:

If you want to look at it ethnicity, linguistically or by religion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_ranked_by_ethnic_and_cultural_diversity_level

And no salt, the Ethiopians on here tend to distort the truth on here so I correct them.

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
lol nice, I hope you gon talk about more than the Amharas tho....:hmmjb:
Breh I just said this thread is gonna celebrate ethiopias diversity, be patient, I'm focusing on the Semitic first them I'll do Oromo, Afar, and other Cushytic people. Then the Nilotid such as the mursi

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
There's not m
not even close
Theres not many countries in the world that has Ethiopias phenotypical and ethnic diversity, perhaps only Sudan and Nigeria . But then again the Nilotic South Sudan was created. We have Nilotic people(mursi, omo valley), Semitic people(Amharas and tigrays) and we have the oromo and the cushytics. You could find the darkest people and lightest people in Ethiopia. Broad nose and thin nose. Cultures that have links to Nilotic people in Sudan and Kenya, and also the arab peninsula.