African “Comedian” Says They Aren’t Taught History And See Whites As Saviors Because Of That. 🤔 Fact or Fiction?

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
Some of these actions were deliberate. You have to remember that a couple of these countries went through bouts of Civil Wars so they don’t want that to repeat and so they’ll remove it from history if they don’t have to go through it again. Like outright ban it

Also some these countries govt still have ties to there colonial masters *cough*FRANCE*cough* and will do things like alter the education system to keep the country as a whole subservient to them
there are still leaders in power who were behind or were on the wrong side of past atrocities in their respective country so that, along with colonial influences will have the the curriculum all fukked up.

Then students would have to ask “how exactly did these slaves get over to Europe” and that opens up another box that may dive into tribalism (what ethnic group sold who to who)

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
In the digital age where any question you have can be answered within seconds? Not a good excuse.
It’s not and that’s why I don’t fw this pacification of Africans.

If they’d want to know, they would know. Some know and still choose to look down on Americans. Some don’t know and don’t care.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
What is surprising about Africans not learning about American history in Africa?

Edit- Didn't watch the video, just going off the responses in here

Henny and_ HotWings

A well seasoned nikka
Daps
Reppin
Bmore stand up!
Nikkas gotta stop making excuses for Africans …. Seriously

I tend to throw Africans in the same category I throw Hispanics in….. yes, some are cool af but more than half of them are NOT your friend. They will become an ally of white supremacy in a hot second and fukk you over with the quickness. Half of them come over here with the white mans dikk already in their mouth before they even hop off the boat. Seen it way too many times in my adult life.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Understand and thank you for your perspective.

Here are my opinions and I’d appreciate your response:

1) Some Africans are fully aware of their condition and even the condition of Black Americans. Did some countries not protest against George Floyd, or welcome African-American leaders into their cities with warm welcomes? There’s museums spread across each country that highlight pre and post colonial history.

2) Idk why it’s hard to stomach some Africans can be pieces of shyt who don’t care about your struggle (USA), their struggle, (Nigerians in my case), and want to be in proximity of Whitness because it equals success in their eyes.

3) She’s speaking on HER experiences. Are there Africans who also share that experience? Yes, but idk bruh I can’t get behind the idea of every single African on the continent being clueless about their history. Maybe it’s my pride.. idk.. I don’t rock with that generalization.

Do people not think the same way African American fathers boosted about Malcolm X did not occur with Steve Biko in SA or Lumumba in Congo?

I see your point. I’m not making excuses for anyone, I was just trying to see it from a different perspective that I hadn’t considered. We’re barely taught about our history as children in this country and I don’t ever recall lessons on African history, so it sounded like a valid reason, but I guess it’s an excuse. My bad.

:hubie:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
there are still leaders in power who were behind or were on the wrong side of past atrocities in their respective country so that, along with colonial influences will have the the curriculum all fukked up.

Then students would have to ask “how exactly did these slaves get over to Europe” and that opens up another box that may dive into tribalism (what ethnic group sold who to who)
This is a good point, cause they would have to explain exactly what happened and one thing a lot of African posters on this forum like to write when this subject comes up is “well yall was prisoners of war and slave traders too”

It’s interesting how dismissive some are when this subject comes up which leads me to believe people is hiding shyt and not keeping it real about what happened

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Depends on which country, some countries legitimately don’t teach history as a subject over there and if they do they use the Bible or Koran to do so.
Exactly. People forget Africa is a fukking continent. Hell yea many Nigerians and people like Somalians feel that way and don’t want to learn. But it’s so many countries who support us and were protesting and saying Black Lives Matter and identify with us. I don’t know nigerias history at all. Wasn’t taught that. People act like South Africans and Nigerians who speak down represent all of the other countries as well. Some of them know more about us than we know ourselves . We are literally the most popular people in the world. Black Americans. And our education system is fukking trash and whitewashed

Last edited:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I'm in Uganda and the avg Ugandan treats a mzungu like a gawd

You'll sit in a restaurant and a mzungu comes in and right away getting service and their food fast

If I don't open my mouth and they hear my accent I could be waiting for ever
Tell me why when I looked the word “mzungu” up the first pic that pops up is a white man smiling surrounded by smiling African children

moorfeus

Pro
Daps
Not hard to imagine seeing how there are African Americans that think the same way. Hell its bros here on the Coli that worship pawgs so...