African “Comedian” Says They Aren’t Taught History And See Whites As Saviors Because Of That. 🤔 Fact or Fiction?

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
giving “Africans” a lot of leeway here.
It came up in my recommended videos, so I gave it a quick listen, but long story, she says she didn’t understand why she couldn’t connect with black Americans and discovered her own ignorance about our history and the history of slavery in Africa because it’s not taught over there.

She also said Africans feel oppression but don’t know who’s oppressing them and they’re taught to view whites as saviors, which is why they go to Europe and the US expecting whites to help them but quickly find out it’s bullshyt they got fed in Africa.

Interesting because I’ve always suspected that’s why black Americans and Africans aren’t on the same page.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
That is definitely true for some. I had to break it down for a colleague years ago with one of the doctors (she was East African). The doctor was like “I’m so happy you set her straight because there are people who truly don’t understand the full extent of what Black Americans have experienced”.
I remember she told me that when her kids experienced racism in elementary school she packed everything up and took them back home. Didn’t come back to America until it was time for her kids to go to college. She said she fully acknowledged the privilege she had in doing so and how she volunteered a lot and did her best to give back to the community when she fully understood the history.

Everyone doesn’t know, but some do. When more of us are on the same page we can fight more effectively

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
It came up in my recommended videos, so I gave it a quick listen, but long story, she says she didn’t understand why she couldn’t connect with black Americans and discovered her own ignorance about our history and the history of slavery in Africa because it’s not taught over there.

She also said Africans feel oppression but don’t know who’s oppressing them and they’re taught to view whites as saviors, which is why they go to Europe and the US expecting whites to help them but quickly find out it’s bullshyt they got fed in Africa.

Interesting because I’ve always suspected that’s why black Americans and Africans aren’t on the same page.
Some of these actions were deliberate. You have to remember that a couple of these countries went through bouts of Civil Wars so they don’t want that to repeat and so they’ll remove it from history if they don’t have to go through it again. Like outright ban it

Also some these countries govt still have ties to there colonial masters *cough*FRANCE*cough* and will do things like alter the education system to keep the country as a whole subservient to them

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Depends on which country, some countries legitimately don’t teach history as a subject over there and if they do they use the Bible or Koran to do so.
Not knowing history is such a setup for future abuse. History is probably one of the most important subjects that most people don't think they use but they do so everyday without knowing it. History colors your perception and how you view yourself in the world. Black Americans have a strong sense of justice and feelings about being anti racist because we know our history. Imagine an alternative world where the new generation went their whole lives without know Jim crow and slavery were even a thing? It's not hard to imagine when you realize that there is history we are all ignorant of. Think of all the times you learn about some historical fact and go :ohhh: "I never knew that". Now imagine if that fact was that blacks were enslaved or faced Jim crow.

In this case, you're raising kids who have no sense of history of colonialism or that it was a thing. That is bad news.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Not knowing history is such a setup for future abuse. History is probably one of the most important subjects that most people don't think they use but they do so everyday without knowing it. History colors your perception and how you view yourself in the world. Black Americans have a strong sense of justice and feelings about being anti racist because we know our history. Imagine an alternative world where the new generation went their whole lives without know Jim crow and slavery were even a thing? It's not hard to imagine when you realize that there is history we are all ignorant of. Think of all the times you learn about some historical fact and go :ohhh: "I never knew that". Now imagine if that fact was that blacks were enslaved or faced Jim crow.

In this case, you're raising kids who have no sense of history of colonialism or that it was a thing. That is bad news.
Trust me I had to go thru it with my mom, when it came to certain social issues especially religion I just could not entertain certain topics and discussions with her

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co

Understand and thank you for your perspective.

Here are my opinions and I’d appreciate your response:

1) Some Africans are fully aware of their condition and even the condition of Black Americans. Did some countries not protest against George Floyd, or welcome African-American leaders into their cities with warm welcomes? There’s museums spread across each country that highlight pre and post colonial history.

2) Idk why it’s hard to stomach some Africans can be pieces of shyt who don’t care about your struggle (USA), their struggle, (Nigerians in my case), and want to be in proximity of Whitness because it equals success in their eyes.

3) She’s speaking on HER experiences. Are there Africans who also share that experience? Yes, but idk bruh I can’t get behind the idea of every single African on the continent being clueless about their history. Maybe it’s my pride.. idk.. I don’t rock with that generalization.

Do people not think the same way African American fathers boosted about Malcolm X did not occur with Steve Biko in SA or Lumumba in Congo?

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Understand and thank you for your perspective.

Here are my opinions and I’d appreciate your response:

1) Some Africans are fully aware of their condition and even the condition of Black Americans. Did some countries not protest against George Floyd, or welcome African-American leaders into their cities with warm welcomes? There’s museums spread across each country that highlight pre and post colonial history.

2) Idk why it’s hard to stomach some Africans can be pieces of shyt who don’t care about your struggle (USA), their struggle, (Nigerians in my case), and want to be in proximity of Whitness because it equals success in their eyes.

3) She’s speaking on HER experiences. Are there Africans who also share that experience? Yes, but idk bruh I can’t get behind the idea of every single African on the continent being clueless about their history. Maybe it’s my pride.. idk.. I don’t rock with that generalization.

Do people not think the same way African American fathers boosted about Malcolm X did not occur with Steve Biko in SA or Lumumba in Congo?
I’ll respond in the morning. My brain is fried from working on a project all day and I’m about to blaze something and call it a night.