African Americans who can pass as West Africans.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
@IllmaticDelta
Do you have any pics of Africans who look similar to this?
58% Yaya Dacosta
MV5BMTU5NDU1MzI1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTM2MzEzMQ@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

55% Marianne Jean-Baptiste
131023Marianne-Jean-Baptiste1.jpg

49% Gabrielle Dennis
tumblr_m4gmqsvhes1rv8dgho1_400.jpg

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
@IllmaticDelta do you have any idea where the super chinky eye, high cheekbone look is most prevalent in West/Central Africa? Its prominent in Yoruba art but I see it mostly in Ghanians.

Its near impossible but off looks I'd say I'm a blend of Ashanti (:snoop:) or Yoruba /Wolof or Fula/ Igbo/Bamileke/Euro (:mjpls:)

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
@IllmaticDelta do you have any idea where the super chinky eye, high cheekbone look is most prevalent in West/Central Africa? Its prominent in Yoruba art but I see it mostly in Ghanians.

Its near impossible but off looks I'd say I'm a blend of Ashanti (:snoop:) or Yoruba/Wolof or Fula/Igbo/Bamileke/Euro (:mjpls:)

The most "chinky eyed" for sure is Ghanaian. Also many Nigerians, Malians and Burkinabe. High cheekbones IMO is all over West Africa.

wooled1

All Star
Daps
Fukk this divisional bullshyt all these African ethnic classifications were created and used by cacs during the colonial period to divide and conquer. Then used by the Africans themselves to fuel tensions and civil wars. I'm not saying that Africans or all the same or ever had their own classifications , but it was never perverse nor discriminative as this bullshyt.
Everyone is human at the end of the day.

wooled1

All Star
Daps
wrong.

wrong.
Alright, what's your argument then? All I'm saying is it's just tribal and cultural ideas on a larger more perverse scale wholly influenced by colonialism, it's not like most Africans were allowed to write their own history.

wooled1

All Star
Daps
The oral tradition.

Cacs came up with the racial system but extreme tribalism always existed.
The thing is that statistically oral traditions are horribly inaccurate and differ even between different families of the same tribe.
The thing I'm saying is that the shyt you read, what you see in the history books, even the names, locations, and classifications of the groups were first documented by European missionaries and made "history" by European colonialists. You really think all this shyt is true and accurate? That's the real problem here.

Last edited:

wooled1

All Star
Daps
Not really.
It's highly documented that oral traditions are highly inaccurate and downright false when compared to written ones, it's common knowledge especially in the field of world history I don't even have to cite anything.
Ever played that "pass it down game," this phenomenon is that elementary.