African Americans who can pass as West Africans.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Where would place Kevin Garnett?

i

nba_ap_garnett_268x325.jpg

In West Africa, KG looks like the classic Upper West African-Senegambian, Elongated Sudanid-Sudanid-Sahelid type

Senegagambia

Afram

Click here to view the original image of 533x800px.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
For those that don't know.
Most slave were taken from West africa.
Dominicans slave are from West Africa
The first slave port after leaving Africa was in Santa Domingo (Dominican republic)
After that you either went to the US or south American country.

(MOST) African American descendants are from West africa.

Most present day African American look different from original west Africans is because Most African Americans are least 20% white.

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
For those that don't know.
Most slave were taken from West africa.
Dominicans slave are from West Africa
The first slave port after leaving Africa was in Santa Domingo (Dominican republic)
After that you either went to the US or south American country.

(MOST) African American descendants are from West africa.

Most present day African American look different from original west Africans is because Most African Americans are least 20% white.

And not because they may have mixed with Africans of different tribes from different parts of the African continent?

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
And not because they may have mixed with Africans of different tribes from different parts of the African continent?

Slave masters rapping black women slaves. This was a common occurrence, it in all our family trees, most of us only have to go 4 grandfather back to find a incident even after slavery.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
White genes changed our features, my great great grandfather was irish.....I have green eyes, and a thinner nose and smaller lips then most black people so even a mixture that far back can make a pyshical impact In feature changes.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I have been to Nigeria more than a few times, I can spot a Fulani from a mile away. They do not look like AAs. Igbos just like Fulanis tend to be lighter skin and you can tell the difference between the two. Fulanis have stoic countenance and Igbos have a more lively countenance just as example. Even their walking gait is different if you see each group walking separately. Many of you on here would trip out to see how accurately people can identify tribes.

The Fulani phenotype (Western Aethiopid) is that of Sahelids-Sahelid-Sudanids, which is basically a more elongated West African with more hawkish (longer and beakier nose) features.

For context

Robust Sudanid

s7KDQDu.jpg

Elongated Sudanid

eQLgPyP.jpg

Sahelid

zr7BuBZ.jpg

8pzCZzW.jpg

Wodaabe Subtype

0G8ZIsS.jpg

The Afam version of a Sahelid

RKDxxW7.jpg
(on the right)

7g8I2YA.jpg

94W5chg.jpg

6Gk6Cfs.gif

Bzr2zQI.jpg

4AejXF5.jpg

nJu6jbz.jpg

VaJVCao.jpg

W78Lf4O.jpg

R1Gb4hR.png

XNyBjJn.jpg

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:whoa: No one is saying there are no ties but physical we look slightly different plus your inferring that all West Africans look the same and they don't. There is overlap but their are distinctive looks.

Most Aframs look like modified (aka New Worldish) versions of West and West-Central Africans but many also look distinctly African.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Biggest difference imo is the mixing of tribes. It's fairly rare for AA to look straight up Ashanti because they won't be. It'll be maybe 40%, and another 40% other tribes. Then 20% CAC.

Where as most people living in Africa will be 90% from one or two tribes.

That's why darker skinned people from Haiti, Brazil or whatever for example don't fit exactly in a African tribal look... even those clearly 90% black.. it's the mixing of tribes.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
D. wade does look classicly GH though.

D Wade looks Ghanaian but not distinctly Ghanaian which why I can tell he's American (Afram). Now, Kwame jackson is an Afram who looks distinctly African (Ghanaian) and most Aframs would think he was African based on looks

v3I12.jpg

PinotNoir

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Breh, Yoruba people were major slave traders. The entire Nago tribe basically disappeared from West Africa since they were their neighboring rivals, the Yoruba. You have certain tribes that are today lumped under Yoruba, but they are not Yoruba just Yoruba influenced due to the conquering. They are simply tribes that were conquered by the Oyo Empire and traded by them. People need to understand that the slave trade lasted almost 300 years and it was done in a deliberate and orderly fashion. It wasn't the wild west, it was seamless economy with specific trading partners involved and specific people being traded. Tribes did not trade their own people contrary to what has been taught. Certain empires and tribes were taken down by Empires that came into power at the start of the slave trade in the 1600s. It is no coincidence the Oyo Empire formed at the start of the slave trade.

Dahomey, Ashanti, Oyo and Bini Empires were the major empires doing trading along the coast of West Africa, especially in the Bight of Benin and the Bight of Biafra. These empires agreed with the Europeans to trade rival tribes from other empires and were given guns and cannons by the Europeans to have an advantage against their rivals. The Oyo Empire was a major ally of the Portuguese and during the slave trade the Oyo king would take trips to Portugal to kick it with the crown there. They even built a house in Lagos to honor the king known as an Oba because they were making so much money. There is a book published by Cambridge back in the 1970s that detailed the Oyo Empire and its rise to power through the slave trade period. The Portuguese had many of these slaves sent to the Spanish Caribbean and Central America. Spain spent more time conquering territory and relied on Portuguese imports of slaves and they actually worked together since as one point the Iberian peninsula were under the same crown. The Nri Kingdom (Igbos) declined during the slave trade because they were being attacked by two kingdoms...the Igala and the Bini kingdoms. That is why so many Igbos were victims of the slave trade, in fact...the Igbos are the most heavily documented victims of the slave trade. From newspapers, slave posters, to books, to towns and areas in the Americas being named after them.
Reading this just made me so upset...