African Americans who can pass as West Africans.

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Nigerian

AFRICAS-NEXT-TOP-MODEL-OLUCHI-ONWEAGBA-ORLANDI-PRET-A-POUNDO.jpg

Angolan

Miss-Angola-2011-Leila-Lopes_portrait_w858.jpg

Ghana

Naa-Okailey-Shooter.jpg

Senegal

1690872_miss-picardie009.jpg

Sierra leone
28537_392766751750_543256750_4594929_6318870_n-450x631.jpg

:blessed:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know, which makes aframs different. ask yourself this, If West Africans are different looking and Aframs are mix of those Africans, why would aframs look like a straight up distinctive looking West Africans if they are mixes?

You can't say Aframs look like West Africans then in the same breath go on to say West Africans look different from each other.
Aframs have a New World Look, which is the result of different west african mixes and for many a european element and for some a native element.
But there's even diversity among AA's in their looks so cant you say that AA's reflect the diversity in west Africa?:ld:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Not even going to read this thread lol. I`m Liberian (of an indigenous tribe, not Americo Liberian) and because of my hair and skin tone people think I`m Latino. Could one of my great ancestors mated with a non African? Sure who knows. West Africans look like every black of the Western Hemisphere, stop being ignorant guys.
what tribe are u breh? Im part Liberian and my mother is fulanis. But theres not as much of them in Liberia as there are in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Mali and Senegal.

Breh, u ever had other heads call you Pekeen(don't know how to spell it)?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
what tribe are u breh? Im part Liberian and my mother is fulanis. But theres not as much of them in Liberia as there are in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Mali and Senegal.

Breh, u ever had other heads call you Pekeen(don't know how to spell it)?
I'm Gio. And yes that's what you call someone that is young.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Powerful and humbling video........

Definitely puts the gene test in perspective....so before I go claiming a "Mende from Sierra Leone"....check with a different company and they'll tell me i'm an "Ibo from Nigeria"....if anybody is mixed up genetically its AAs ...hmmmm.........

Slavery in the U.S. or in the New World is just one aspect of where our DNA has been, its not the full story...and that is why the search for our African heritage is such a big deal...and why these companies exist to take advantage of that search of "Who :dahell: we are".......

This is why Kwanzaa exists....this is why all the unique AAs names that hit the scene in the late 70s/early 80s exists........its a search for our African identity, but its literally hundreds of years back to get back to those African forebearers.....

Trying to specifically pinpoint one tribe is going to be hella difficult, since they was taking people from all over West Africa ... so ...

Its almost like..............................................................we're .................................... American

With that said, I love being black or Afram and I have no problem being proud of that distinction within this society. History is a trip.

Last edited:

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston

Definitely puts the gene test in perspective....so before I go claiming a "Mende from Sierra Leone"....check with a different company and they'll tell me i'm an "Ibo from Nigeria"....if anybody is mixed up genetically its AAs ...hmmmm.........

Slavery in the U.S. or in the New World is just one aspect of where our DNA has been, its not the full story...and that is why the search for our African heritage is such a big deal...and why these companies exist to take advantage of that search of "Who :dahell: we are".......

This is why Kwanzaa exists....this is why all the unique AAs names that hit the scene in the late 70s/early 80s exists........its a search for our African identity, but its literally hundreds of years back to get back to those African forebearers.....

Trying to specifically pinpoint one tribe is going to be hella difficult, since they was taking people from all over West Africa ... so ...

Its almost like..............................................................we're .................................... American

With that said, I love being black or Afram and I have no problem being proud of that distinction within this society. History is a trip.

Yea a lot of his videos are interesting and provide a different perspective regarding our history....

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps

Well don't get discouraged, The African Ancestry isn't incorrect it just a small piece of what you wouldn't have had known before. Their are other DNA test that are more extensive.
Many african americans are mixed up but not that mixed. When you think about it, Depending on when your family arrived to America's. Slavery started around like the mid 1600's and ended mid to late 1800s. The number of slaves from Africa peaked around mid 1700s - early 1800s.
There were slave ships coming from Africa up until 1860ish.

If you count back the generations depending how old you are
Your grandparents and great grandparent can range from the years of late 1800's(1880,1890ish -1940 being the latest)

Your next generation will be your Great Great grandparents range from ( early 1800- late 1900's)
^^(If you look enough you can find documents for these generations this is the case for tons of Aframs if you're willing to do the paper trail work)

Then finally your 3rd or 4th great grandparents can range from (early/mid -1700s - early 1800's) correlating the time tons of Africans got shipped to the America's.

When you break it down it's not that distant.

now if you're ancestors came around the 1600's ..ehh yeah :mjcry:

Last edited:

Mac Tyson

Banned
Daps
The first two look like New World Blacks and the 3rd and 5th one look African. I'm not sure about the 3rd one. Leaning towards New World black.
"New World Black" be more precise :rudy: I thought u could tell the difference between Jamaican, AA etc.