Afghanistan Thread | Taliban Rule

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
What's the end game? Are they trying to rewrite history in real time? I feel like I'm being gaslighted
They are 100% gaslighting. I think I read the war in Afghanistan got like 5-10 minutes of coverage in all of 2020 between CNN and MSNBC or something like that. This was not a war that anyone cared about until we left and the war machine needed to rev back up into full gear.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I could have this wrong but my understanding was that it was a universally unpopular war that most citizens had tuned out of and the US government had been winding down the last 6-7 years. Some of these reporters are trying to frame it a humanitarian mission that was supposed to be limitless and that we would re-invade Afghanistan when the Afghani Government faltered. Even more shameless is our allies acting like the war hadn't ended years ago and they weren't aware of what was happening.

:why:
You aren't misunderstanding at all. At best people were ambivalent about it, but certainly almost no one was happy that we were still there, and I think everyone would rather have had our troops come home.

The sad thing about the past couple weeks is that it's shown me how effective the propaganda machine is.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am a little confused how they still have American citizens and Afghan allies still on the ground in Kabul.

Estimates said they had bout 60,000-80,000 evacuees. They got out nearly twice that. Were they just grabbing every random person that said they wanted to get out? :wtf:

There's nothing inherently wrong with that if they did, but it's still bizarre how the final numbers were so much higher than anticipated but there were still leftovers.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Very surreal to see them with our gear
It's not "our" gear. It's just standard military combat garb. Taliban used their own money to buy the gear.

Some of these family members going on Fox News to bash Biden. Disgraceful :scust:
Not surprised. I've already seen one military mother from Wyoming (Republicac state) blame Biden for her son's death. Was she on there?

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
It's not "our" gear. It's just standard military combat garb.

Not surprised. I already seen one military mother from Wyoming (Republicac state) blame Biden for her son's death. Was she on there?
Didn’t watch that shyt it was on my news feed. They were saying Biden acted like he didn’t care and all types of shyt.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
It's not "our" gear. It's just standard military combat garb. Taliban used their own money to buy the gear.

Not surprised. I've already seen one military mother from Wyoming (Republicac state) blame Biden for her son's death. Was she on there?
So all the M4A1s with the SOPMOD kits are stuff they bought? Not trying to argue. I'm sure they can be bought, but I'm genuinely curious. I've got 2 family members in Army SF and I've followed the war in Afghanistan closely since it started, and I haven't really seen Taliban fighters with M4s to this degree. I've seen Taliban fighters carrying them off the bodies of dead American troops (for example I know that after Operation Redwing they snatched up the rifles from those dead Navy SEALs), but I've never seen Taliban fighters just walking around the streets in high numbers carrying kitted out M4 carbines.

EDIT: Yeah those weapons were captured/seized from the collapsed Afghanistan military that we had supplied. They also have night vision goggles, Black Hawks, and artillery. It's not the end of the world but it is what it is. I'm opposed to the war BTW and I'm opposed to going back. I'm glad we're gone, but I'm just saying that it's weird to see them with our weapons.

Last edited:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I am a little confused how they still have American citizens and Afghan allies still on the ground in Kabul.

Estimates said they had bout 60,000-80,000 evacuees. They got out nearly twice that. Were they just grabbing every random person that said they wanted to get out? :wtf:

There's nothing inherently wrong with that if they did, but it's still bizarre how the final numbers were so much higher than anticipated but there were still leftovers.

i dont know if its true but there was a story of a pakistini truck driver that went to the airport just out of curiosity, his family didnt hear from him for a few days and then he called them from canada like :shaq:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
So all the M4A1s with the SOPMOD kits are stuff they bought? Not trying to argue. I'm sure they can be bought, but I'm genuinely curious. I've got 2 family members in Army SF and I've followed the war in Afghanistan closely since it started, and I haven't really seen Taliban fighters with M4s to this degree. I've seen Taliban fighters carrying them off the bodies of dead American troops (for example I know that after Operation Redwing they snatched up the rifles from those dead Navy SEALs), but I've never seen Taliban fighters just walking around the streets in high numbers carrying kitted out M4 carbines.

EDIT: Yeah those weapons were captured/seized from the collapsed Afghanistan military that we had supplied. They also have night vision goggles, Black Hawks, and artillery. It's not the end of the world but it is what it is. I'm opposed to the war BTW and I'm opposed to going back. I'm glad we're gone, but I'm just saying that it's weird to see them with our weapons.
I'm talking about the uniforms. Not the weapons.

Not what they're wearing - no.
So how did they get it? It can't all be due to being captured/stolen from US troops.