Affleck won't direct Batman

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I really don't like Affleck as Batman.

He's Kilmer and Clooney status to me.

I have serious reservations as Afleck as Batman...

A batman movie won't have poorly crafted characters like super man and wonder woman (in the context of the BvS movie, I think the stand alone wonder woman movie will actually be very good) so his awkwardness as batman will stand out even more...

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Right, it was a congo line of approval when he was announced as director. Now it is the . . . *herm* smart and rational thing for him not to direct.
You're not slick. :childplease:
nikkas swaying like a damn tree in the breeze :mjlol:

and i'll save them the trouble for when after it comes out

"man if they just released the affleck version :snoop: , studio interference screwed the movie again :snoop: , oh and there is a conspiracy against DC :dame:"

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

"man if they just released the affleck version :snoop: , studio interference screwed the movie again :snoop: , oh and there is a conspiracy against DC :dame:"
Yo, they might actually fukk up Batman. Fukkin' Batman! The most popular superhero out. :mjlol:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
basically its not even that big of a deal, he knows he cant do it all ... watch the thread turn to a DC lost snooze fest like every dc related thread tho

Main reason I'm not in here. Is that what it's turning into? Or is it about potential new directors or the script or the fact Matt Reeves is at the top of the list?

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Despite the "flop" at the boxoffice, I heard Live by night was flames from multiple people IRL who've watched it via KODI

What's the coli's verdict. I kinda want to see it based off of recomendations

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do you want JJ to do this out of curiosity? Especially since batman doesn't seem right for him at all plus he said he's not doing anything that's not his idea from now going forward
Really? that's a shame. I think he has the experience to do this effectively, that's why. I don't think snyder wants the job either.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Really? that's a shame. I think he has the experience to do this effectively, that's why. I don't think snyder wants the job either.

Matt Reeves is their first choice so he's signaled he wants the job.

I don't like the idea of JJ doing a batman flick and I don't think they'd give it to Snyder anyway. But yeah JJ said he wants to focus on his own ideas and own original work

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang

We'll just have to wait for the $40 super duper limited extended directors cut to get the real experience :troll:

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Anyone who thinks that he stepped down because he can't do both is naïve. We were given all the warning signs and Ben himself said he wouldn't direct it if the script wasn't to his standard. What's he going to say? "Script wasn't up to snuff but I'm still playing Batman so please still go see it."

He can't really drop out of playing Batman but he did what he could and is letting someone else have a shot.

No doubt this was pushed by the studio.

He was writing the script

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
He's still starring in the movie though.

And I was sorta expecting to hear this after how he talked about the pressure to get Batman right while promoting Live By Night on all the talk shows. Plus Live By Night flopping probably had WB like :ufdup:..."maybe you should just focus on acting, Ben".

Now I am going to need them to get the right director on this.

My Top 5 Choices:

Doug Liman
Antoine Fuqua
David Fincher
Pete Travis
Denis Villeneuve

You damn sure know DC/WB execs won't give Fuqua a shot at directing a Batman movie. As good as a Director he is and he did give WB Training Day, I doubt he would be given a green light for a comic book movie.