Affleck won't direct Batman

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Matt Reeves is their first choice so he's signaled he wants the job.

I don't like the idea of JJ doing a batman flick and I don't think they'd give it to Snyder anyway. But yeah JJ said he wants to focus on his own ideas and own original work
I would have gone with Tim Miller. But man JJ is on his spielberg kick now eh? LOL what will he do next?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Why do you want JJ to do this out of curiosity? Especially since batman doesn't seem right for him at all plus he said he's not doing anything that's not his idea from now going forward
I can't imagine JJ doing this. I seriously doubt he wants to do another film that is a continuation of an already established franchise. I imagine he wants to do something a bit more original next.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
As for Geoff Johns, I don't know why anyone would have faith in him. He's a well known comic book writer but he hasn't done anything of note in the film industry.

Before becoming attached to the DCEU, his only major film credit was as a co-producer and creative consultant on the Green Lantern film and we all saw how that turned out.

Besides Aquaman, I'm not sure any other DC film will start production until after Justice League comes out and WB can see the response to that.

It's already a good chance it doesn't do too well critically, but if box office wise it only does as good or only slightly better than BVS, then WB will probably rethink this whole thing or settle for being Transformers status with the rest of the films.

GOTDAMN:picard::deadmanny::mjlol:

WB isn't pulling the plug on anything until they lose money on their DC movies which hasn't happened yet. Besides that would damage the live-action brand beyond repair to the point where they wouldn't make money back for a DC movie 5 years down the road. Also they would have to find new actors, directors, screenwriters and rewrite the entire DC universe over again. WB isn't going to take that lost, especially when they were the number 2 studio behind Disney last year in terms of profit and two DC movies contributed to that. That means you have to tell all the people currently working on Batman, Aquaman, Shazam/Black Adam, Justice League Dark, Green Lantern, GCS, Flash, etc. to pack it up and go home and 6 of the movies have actors or a director attached.

WB took that lost with Miller's JL film because TDK, Harry Potter, & LOTR made their losses back the same year. Outside of DC movies, there's nothing that can do that for WB now unless they start buying up IPs like Disney who still haven't made back their spending amount from buying Marvel and Lucas Arts. People forget Hollywood runs on money not on what he or she thinks which is why Paramount is still letting Michael Bay churn out Transformers movies despite the reception.

Ben would've had to write, direct, star, and produce a big budget action film. Meaning being involved with casting, every decision made with the movie, meetings with the Studio, working out to get in Batman shape, remembering his lines, directing other actors, editing, post, etc. That shyt has never been done on a scale like that and probably will never happen because these people have lives. He's also in charge of one of the greatest fictional characters of all-time and the last guy put him on the top shelf of CBMs. Way too much work

Maybe thats not a bad idea:troll:

Maybe they should cut the losses with that New 52/Rebirth DC Universe and give everyone what they really want in that Silver Age/Bronze age (or up to 2000 era) DC Universe
:sas1:

And are you sure Disney hasnt made they money back?:usure: I know from Marvel alone they bought it for $4 Billion, but they movies have made $10 Billion + not to mention all the other shyt merchandise wise, theme parks, or etc they made off owning this brand. I think they more than made they money back at this point.:patrice:

Also......:skip: Whats good my G, cant help to noticed I aint seen you in awhile, hope all is well:sas2:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
sad-ben-affleck.gif

THOUGHTS OF BEN AFFLECK:

my brother could win an oscar for act'n and i am the worst batman ever.....
while, supes here is engrossed in the movie.
that will ruin my eventual last drawing years of my career.

art barr

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
without reading through, gonna guess this thread turned into a dc vs marvel thread