Affleck won't direct Batman

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Why is this such a big deal? It's not easy directing and starring in a movie especially one as physically demanding as Batman.
Meh. His stunt double will do half the work. I think it's a smart move by Ben so he doesn't have to take director criticism if it fails. But the way he is trying to not fail with this project it seems destined to be underwhelming.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone who thinks that he stepped down because he can't do both is naïve. We were given all the warning signs and Ben himself said he wouldn't direct it if the script wasn't to his standard. What's he going to say? "Script wasn't up to snuff but I'm still playing Batman so please still go see it."

He can't really drop out of playing Batman but he did what he could and is letting someone else have a shot.

No doubt this was pushed by the studio.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Anyone who thinks that he stepped down because he can't do both is naïve. We were given all the warning signs and Ben himself said he wouldn't direct it if the script wasn't to his standard. What's he going to say? "Script wasn't up to snuff but I'm still playing Batman so please still go see it."

He can't really drop out of playing Batman but he did what he could and is letting someone else have a shot.

No doubt this was pushed by the studio.
:dead:

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
I feel like this sh*t is gonna be :trash: and seems as if the script may also be :trash:. If Wonder Woman and JL are average or below average, Batman will have to be a monumental movie for there to be any real interest with the DC Universe. That's not to say in comparison that Marvel's dropped gem after gem but their track record shows a lot more entertaining movies than the latter.