“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I ultimately think it would be up to Punk.

He may not want to do the WWE schedule. WWE has more structure than AEW, it's extremely less likely the same issues in AEW would occur within WWE (you wouldn't have a random mid carder mouthing off on camera, there wouldn't be leaks every 5 seconds - like the Punk/Perry fight leaked during the Punk match and it just happened minutes prior). WWE would take him even if its just to rub it in AEW's face in front of Chicago.

The bag in WWE is a lot easier to mess up, so more wrestlers will be cautious. They also have actual talent relations, managers, producers, etc and are a publicly traded company so there's less tolerance for mess from either Punk or others.

I could definitely see WWE bringing him in for a limited run basis, Royal Rumble to Summer Slam and work major dates; work out a deal similar to Lesnar/Reigns where he's special attraction playing heel.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I ultimately think it would be up to Punk.

He may not want to do the WWE schedule. WWE has more structure than AEW, it's extremely less likely the same issues in AEW would occur within WWE (you wouldn't have a random mid carder mouthing off on camera, there wouldn't be leaks every 5 seconds - like the Punk/Perry fight leaked during the Punk match and it just happened minutes prior). WWE would take him even if its just to rub it in AEW's face in front of Chicago.

The bag in WWE is a lot easier to mess up, so more wrestlers will be cautious. They also have actual talent relations, managers, producers, etc and are a publicly traded company so there's less tolerance for mess from either Punk or others.

I could definitely see WWE bringing him in for a limited run basis, Royal Rumble to Summer Slam and work major dates; work out a deal similar to Lesnar/Reigns where he's special attraction playing heel.
They can just put him on the same schedule Edge was on where they basically just brought him in for the bigger PLE’s and surrounding tv tapings.

I wouldn’t doubt if Punk floated the idea of coming back to Triple H and was told they couldn’t do anything until he was out of his contract and Punk said alright give me a couple months to kick up some dust and I’ll get out of it. :youngsabo:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
They can just put him on the same schedule Edge was on where they basically just brought him in for the bigger PLE’s and surrounding tv tapings.

I wouldn’t doubt if Punk floated the idea of coming back to Triple H and was told they couldn’t do anything until he was out of his contract and Punk said alright give me a couple months to kick up some dust and I’ll get out of it. :youngsabo:

I can also see Triple H turning around and saying “hiring freeze buddy sorry “ :manny:

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore

If niccas there don’t like Punk that damn much, they better thank their lucky stars if he ends up on a limited contract and they don’t have to hear from his ass every single week :mjlol:

Overall: WWE might be willing to present a more serious offer this time, and Punk might be more willing to consider it

I DO believe the story of Haitch wanting to have a concrete creative plan for Punk before signing him, in light of the Carlito news with him really being signed but not using dude because creative’s on some :yeshrug:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
So interesting part I heard on the Wrestlepurists stream yesterday from Ibou who gets some info from WWE and AEW

Regarding the cancelled the meeting between the Elite and Punk....Bryan Danielson also pushed for it and wanted to be a mediator. The big reason Punk wanted it is so he could be on shows where he and the Bucks were in the same building (meaning he wanted to also be on Dynamite). As the Ryan Fredricks from the Observer mentioned only Kenny was the one who was cordial and open to talking. He said that the Bucks and for some reason Hangman werent down with it (I say for some reason about Page cause he aint a EVP but obviously hes involved in this). They had said no to the meeting and told Danielson, Tony and Punk's to only communicate through their lawyers

I wish Danielson hadnt broken his arm cause I wonder if he'd have been on the road for Collision and therefore been able to sew this shyt up in the summer. On the flip side Cornette's comments on Megha aside, Im sure she did play a big role in telling them to not communicate and only through a lawyer and was probably in the committe to make the final call. Shes not in the wrestling business and saw this and from a legal standpoint probably was more on the put barriers side.

But yeah, Danielson definetly wanted this shyt squashed. Its gonna be interesting as well going forward how the Elite treat Danielson since hes closer to Tony and has a bigger role than Punk/Jericho/Mox and even them on the creative side now. I suspect they'll fall in line with him cause he stopped the leaks from last summer other than the Punk vs Elite ones which we know why that happen...but no other leaks happened. Ibou he was someone Punk respects and actually listened to about thinking twice about stuff but obviously wasnt there the times he could have been (Concussion, broken arm both summers)

Damn :francis:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

For some perspective Collision usually gains viewers quarter to quarter from the start (at least the July shows I remember and of course when Punk or a marquee tag team match like FTR or Cole/MJF come through its a ratings popper)

More than half of audience peaced out between Punk's departure and the Bucks coming on:sadcam:

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There's even rumors Punk wanted out because AJ expressed an interest to return to WWE. Who knows.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

For some perspective Collision usually gains viewers quarter to quarter from the start (at least the July shows I remember and of course when Punk or a marquee tag team match like FTR or Cole/MJF come through its a ratings popper)

More than half of audience peaced out between Punk's departure and the Bucks coming on:sadcam:

This is true, routinely quarters with Punk did 75k to 100k more (even if overall ratings were low).

People who don't like him don't like to admit he is a draw. If they had him booked on Dynamite against the Elite/other wrestlers like MJF/Cole, I think they could have gradually pushed up closer and back to 1 million rather than hovering in 870k

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
So interesting part I heard on the Wrestlepurists stream yesterday from Ibou who gets some info from WWE and AEW

Regarding the cancelled the meeting between the Elite and Punk....Bryan Danielson also pushed for it and wanted to be a mediator. The big reason Punk wanted it is so he could be on shows where he and the Bucks were in the same building (meaning he wanted to also be on Dynamite). As the Ryan Fredricks from the Observer mentioned only Kenny was the one who was cordial and open to talking. He said that the Bucks and for some reason Hangman werent down with it (I say for some reason about Page cause he aint a EVP but obviously hes involved in this). They had said no to the meeting and told Danielson, Tony and Punk's to only communicate through their lawyers

I wish Danielson hadnt broken his arm cause I wonder if he'd have been on the road for Collision and therefore been able to sew this shyt up in the summer. On the flip side Cornette's comments on Megha aside, Im sure she did play a big role in telling them to not communicate and only through a lawyer and was probably in the committe to make the final call. Shes not in the wrestling business and saw this and from a legal standpoint probably was more on the put barriers side.

But yeah, Danielson definetly wanted this shyt squashed. Its gonna be interesting as well going forward how the Elite treat Danielson since hes closer to Tony and has a bigger role than Punk/Jericho/Mox and even them on the creative side now. I suspect they'll fall in line with him cause he stopped the leaks from last summer other than the Punk vs Elite ones which we know why that happen...but no other leaks happened. Ibou he was someone Punk respects and actually listened to about thinking twice about stuff but obviously wasnt there the times he could have been (Concussion, broken arm both summers)

Damn :francis:

If true an adult not only wanted this squashed but wanted to mediate but the kids told everyone including the boss no and to only communicate through lawyers. And Kenny really is the level headed one in the Elite not only did he not have a problem working with Punk he wanted to squash it.

Once again if true JFC
:mjlol:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
If true an adult not only wanted this squashed but wanted to mediate but the kids told everyone including the boss no and to only communicate through lawyers. And Kenny really is the level headed one in the Elite not only did he not have a problem working with Punk he wanted to squash it.

Once again if true JFC

Look I imagine they wont try and piss off Bryan Danielson since hes now Tony's new right hand man and everyone gets along with him.....but if we hear about a situation between the Elite and him, just dont be surprised lol

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Once again if true JFC
Because Kenny - even if some people don't like him is a real "wrestler's wrestler" who has worked in a variety of locker rooms as a solo act and not some sideshow comedy nonsense that the YB put on. They are basically anchors around his ankles...if not for them he probably would have gone to the 'E once they rethought their old offers, but they wanted everything to be a package deal. IMO he's too nice.