“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Armchair bookers can't decide between

"Punk shouldn't reference the drama, it'll only create a bigger divide with the talent"

"If Tony and Punk were smart they'd capitalize on the fukkery"

pick-one-vinny.gif
Everyone was talking about AEW using the Punk vs Elite stuff, which is a separate issue from the bullshyt going on between Punk/Hangman. No one gives a damn about the Punk vs Hangman stuff. Most ppl didnt even know why Punk and Hangman were beefing til like a month later when one of the dirt sheet brought up the worker's rights promo shyt.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Armchair bookers can't decide between

"Punk shouldn't reference the drama, it'll only create a bigger divide with the talent"

"If Tony and Punk were smart they'd capitalize on the fukkery"

pick-one-vinny.gif

You're missing the important part there

"Punk shouldn't reference the drama (IF the Young Bucks/Hangman/Kenny won't ever do business with him), it'll only create a bigger divide with the talent (as well as get the fans' hopes up for something that isn't ever going to happen.)

"If Tony and Punk (AND the Young Bucks/Hangman/Kenny) were smart, they'd capitalize on the fukkery

The consent to participate by the Elite is the key to all of this. If they aren't willing to do business with Punk then it's best to finally move on from the brawl entirely. Would be a wasted opportunity but :manny:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
My favorites quote from that article is

“I know pro wrestling is absolutely the most bizarre form of entertainment on Earth, but to me, I treat it like a business, and I treat it like the television show that it is,"

I say that shyt all the time man.. this shyt is a live tv show. It always gets mad weird when people treat it as anything more than that lol

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The pro wrestling industry has a history of leveraging real-life events and shaping them into future storylines, some of which have been very lucrative. Blending reality and fiction has been one of the art's core tenets, essentially a simulated sporting event or fight.

Punk, though, said he had been told that using this saga on television and spinning it into some matches that would undoubtedly draw money won't happen. He resents that he's been painted as "the bad guy" in online reports when he feels he's just been defending himself. Punk said people in the AEW locker room leaking things to the wrestling media have contributed to the internal drama.

"Now we all got to roll in the f---ing mud, and that never should have happened and has never been course-corrected," Punk said. "So, I understand people want to say that, 'Oh, man, Punk is a dikk.' Well yeah, because I'm defending myself and I will always defend myself. I'm open to have a full-blown f---ing sit-down powwow discussion with everybody about it. But it hasn't happened yet, and it's not because of my lack of trying."

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The pro wrestling industry has a history of leveraging real-life events and shaping them into future storylines, some of which have been very lucrative. Blending reality and fiction has been one of the art's core tenets, essentially a simulated sporting event or fight.

Punk, though, said he had been told that using this saga on television and spinning it into some matches that would undoubtedly draw money won't happen. He resents that he's been painted as "the bad guy" in online reports when he feels he's just been defending himself. Punk said people in the AEW locker room leaking things to the wrestling media have contributed to the internal drama.

"Now we all got to roll in the f---ing mud, and that never should have happened and has never been course-corrected," Punk said. "So, I understand people want to say that, 'Oh, man, Punk is a dikk.' Well yeah, because I'm defending myself and I will always defend myself. I'm open to have a full-blown f---ing sit-down powwow discussion with everybody about it. But it hasn't happened yet, and it's not because of my lack of trying."

Them numbers for Dynamite and Collison all summer gonna look spooky and then conversations about this programme not happening gonna be addressed

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

CM Punk is always the victim and is always persecuted :beli:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Because this will get aggregated and people will spin it however they want. Heres the full article.
Nothing really shocking or groundbreaking. Only part Im sure people will run with was him being weary of Hangman in the match

https://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/37860179/aew-star-cm-punk-new-show-injury-elephants-room

In hindsight, looking at that match it seemed like both parties were a little stiff with their shots at times, though it's funny to me that Punk, who trained in an MMA gym full-time for 2 years, was concerned about Hangman Page shooting on him in the ring.

By the way, it's pretty hilarious that Wade Keller got worked up by this article. Even the stuff about Hangman Page isn't necessarily new since that's been out there. Obviously with them interviewing Punk and not getting comments from The Elite, it's going to be sympathetic towards one party, but this isn't as damaging as the sheets made it out to be. One of the takeaways I got is if there is a Punk/FTR/Elite program, Omega is probably going to be the key person on The Elite side to mend the fences.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
But when you've watched that scrum, you're looking at a very, very frustrated guy who had told people. That's not the first time he heard all that. It's not the first time lawyers were told all that. And I was just looking for something to be done and nothing got done. So, if you want something done right, you got to do it yourself. And I just didn't approach it in the right manner, but tension was high. I was very, very pissed.

So basically Tony Khan could have prevented all that unnecessary drama from happening and he never did jack shyt and sat there letting it all unfold.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
What's hangman going to do? He's less of a star than Cody so he'll get buried over there. He going to move to Japan? fukk what hangman wants.

Nothing in that article was anything new other than Punk, who trained in an MMA gym full-time for 2 years, hilariously being concerned Page was going to shoot on him in the ring.