“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
In the latest episode of Busted Open Radio (via Wrestling Inc), Mark Henry spoke out against recent reports that there are some who view CM Punk as a ‘cancer’ in the locker room. One of those people is Seth Rollins, who said as much last month. There were also reports from Fightful in October that Chris Jericho told Punk the same thing.
Henry said: “He’s not a cancer. He’s opinionated, but he’s also a teacher and supporter,. I’ve seen him do stuff he didn’t have to do. He just did it because he loved the business and he wanted to make that wrestler better. I think that he’s good for pro wrestling. At the end of the day, he’s good for business. He’s good for the education of those young wrestlers he took a liking to.”

When it comes to the Elite and Punk settling their issues, he added: “They’re gonna have to sit together without Tony, just them guys and not throw hands. I love all parties involved, I would love to mediate the situation. But keep the issue on the issue, and not make it personal. Make it about wrestling. Make it about the issue at hand, and not the individual. Then you can solve it.“

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
In the latest episode of Busted Open Radio (via Wrestling Inc), Mark Henry spoke out against recent reports that there are some who view CM Punk as a ‘cancer’ in the locker room. One of those people is Seth Rollins, who said as much last month. There were also reports from Fightful in October that Chris Jericho told Punk the same thing.
Henry said: “He’s not a cancer. He’s opinionated, but he’s also a teacher and supporter,. I’ve seen him do stuff he didn’t have to do. He just did it because he loved the business and he wanted to make that wrestler better. I think that he’s good for pro wrestling. At the end of the day, he’s good for business. He’s good for the education of those young wrestlers he took a liking to.”

When it comes to the Elite and Punk settling their issues, he added: “They’re gonna have to sit together without Tony, just them guys and not throw hands. I love all parties involved, I would love to mediate the situation. But keep the issue on the issue, and not make it personal. Make it about wrestling. Make it about the issue at hand, and not the individual. Then you can solve it.“

Good point made by Henry

They should realize that the wrestling industry is just like any other industry. You don’t have to like your coworkers or peers, but sometimes you have to set issues aside and focus on the bottom line (aka money)

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Jack Perry said he siding with the Bucks, :sas1:
5ac2fe8d1e2ade7933fd7de7c0554a9b.png

For context - JB liked the above tweet that was a response to the Mark Henry interview from earlier that Rollie mentioned.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps

Mark Henry is dope. I usually listen to his show weekly. Once he's finished with AEW, he deserves a front office job with WWE. fukk it, give him the GM role of one of the shows. He'd be an amazing on screen GM.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Good point made by Henry

They should realize that the wrestling industry is just like any other industry. You don’t have to like your coworkers or peers, but sometimes you have to set issues aside and focus on the bottom line (aka money)

Problem is you have the king of being petty (Punk) on one side and on the other side is guys who love to troll (Omega/Bucks). Would need someone who's completely neutral to try to mediate. With them being oil and water personality wise, can't just leave them in a room to solve it.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Kenny Omega talked about the incident between CM Punk and The Elite during an appearance on The Sessions.

Punk’s future in wrestling remains unclear following his reported backstage fight with Omega and The Young Bucks after AEW’s All Out pay-per-view. He was stripped of the World Title and suspended, although it’s been reported that he was in talks with AEW about a contract buyout at one point. Omega and The Bucks have since returned to AEW TV.

Omega noted that the public won’t ever know what happened, but he’s glad no one got seriously injured.

“It’s a shame the general public aren’t ever going to know what went down and how it could have been prevented, how it could have ended differently. That’s how things go in a big business operation. I don’t think anyone is happy or proud that it happened or anything like that. I think across the board everyone thinks it was a terrible situation that was unnecessary.”

“Yeah, I really do (feel the atmosphere has cleared up). There was a time where, and I can understand the confusion, it’s sort of like ‘hey, we know this thing happened, we heard this thing happened it’s all over the dirt sheets, why don’t we know what happened?’ and we’re gone and we’re kind of sworn to secrecy we can’t say anything legally. So that was the poopy part where it was like ‘well why doesn’t anyone tell us what’s happening’ and then you’re forced to form your own opinions.”

“What’s important was no one was seriously injured emerging from that and I’m so thankful for that. We’ve moved on with life, I’m completely fine it doesn’t dictate what I do what I say, I’m sure The Bucks are in the same boat. I can’t speak to the other parties, hopefully they are doing well and I mean that.”