"AEW is Slayer. The WWE is Taylor Swift " Darby Allin

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
WWE is Hitman Holla
does more with less, to the point where a lot of what he's doing isn't even that good, but the presence and the personality and the history sell what is happening when the actual product isn't as good. A strange magical power to only put out something great every other big event, but the showings worth a shyt seem to reverberate so much is covers for the 2-3 mid ones that follow
AEW is Danny Myers
technically very good, but so desperate to be seen as good that it is directly counteractive to being actually seen as one of the greats of the medium. A bad tendency of doing way too much for the sake of just showing he's able to, and a strange kind of corniness that resonates with a select group of people to create a cult-like following, where most others are just like 'yeah, ok nikka, you did good - chill'. The clear indication that he will literally never be seen as top-tier despite being better at every individual tenant of the medium than most of his contemporaries, but afflicted by a preternatural skill at undermining himself with self-inflicted Ls at the very moment he starts to gain traction.

:ohhh:

...I think you might be on to something

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
But rock wise:

WWE- Metallica (Hey day in the 80s, had a few bangers in the 90s, fell off in the 2000s, and still kicking ass despite their better days in the 80s/90s.

AEW- Nine Inch Nails (Talented but I missed the old music, All In (The Downward Spiral) and All Out 3 (The Fragile)

TNA- The Smashing Pumpkins (The irony that the lead singer embodies what TNA is all about more ways than one :scust: )

:hubie: That's all I got from the comparisons.
Damn, TNA can't even be Bad Brains or Black Flag? :dwillhuh:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I disagree with the characterization that deprioritizing storylines or angles by default makes it more like a sport. Sports are about winning and losing. Wrestling is predetermined. Caring more about the choreography than the outcome or stakes is arguably antithetical to sports.

It doesn't automatically become more sportslike unless there's a conscious effort to do so. Additionally, storylines are a huge part of sports.

THERE IT IS
sfQzxPj.gif

These dudes be prioritizing "having a good match" with good choreography over the idea of "winning" & "losing", while talking about "sports based" entertainment.
AEW= Canibus

WWE= LL Cool J

close thread
There it is.

Close the thread.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Avenged Sevenfold
Sevendust
Bullet for my Valentine
Alter bridge