AEW ALL IN 2023: 80k at Wembley (MJF vs Cole; FTR vs Young Bucks III; Joe vs Punk V)

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
:why: because he's a promoter, that's what they do.
Talking about what they personally pocketed is not what promoters do. Promoters promote events, they don't brag about their share of the card. Al Haymon, Don King, and Stan Lathan are all very successful promoters; when have you ever heard any of them announcing their take of a gate? The only "promoter" who publicly announces his income is Floyd Mayweather, but that's a part of his brand strategy. No other promoter does that.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Do you think they can do 80,000 again? Looks like the crowd had a good time. I'd guess most were satisfied. But it was also the first time UK has had a big event like this since 1992. Will the novelty of it wear off or will people say "that was a good time, let's do it again" and will there be people who missed out who decide to go next year?

It'll be interesting.
I guess it'll depend on ticket pricing. AEW tends to up the prices a lot when they go back to a building they did big business before (Grand Slam and All Out being prime examples of that) and that has hurt attendance significanly.

Now, if they get 55-60k and get the same or more revenue than this year, it will be a huge success regardless of the "bu bu bu they couldn't sell out again" crowd will say if they don't fill the place up in 2024.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Talking about what they personally pocketed is not what promoters do. Promoters promote events, they don't brag about their share of the card. Al Haymon, Don King, and Stan Lathan are all very successful promoters; when have you ever heard any of them announcing their take of a gate? The only "promoter" who publicly announces his income is Floyd Mayweather, but that's a part of his brand strategy. No other promoter does that.
I've constantly heard boxing promoters pump their chest about attendance, PPV buys and record breaking gates they pull off with their fights. A guy like Eddie Hearn is even more blatant than Tony Khan. And that's what they are supposed to do as promoters. I have no idea what you are talking about breh :heh:

Last edited:

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
I've constantly heard boxing promoters pump their chest about attendance, PPV buys and record breaking gates they pull off with their fights. A guy like Eddie Hearn is even more blatant that Tony Khan. And that's what they are supposed to do as promoters. I have no idea what you are talking about breh :heh:

Hearn gets on those IFL interviews bragging hard :mjlol: