Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp (April 21, 2023)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Hopefully they touch up the visuals a bit. I know it's a simplistic style but it felt like they could do a bit more to modernize it and justify the price
That's what's kinda telling to me. In the trailer, it looked objectively bad at times - like a lot of these older roms that Nintendo has shamelessly brought back into rotation.

Its likely that Nintendo re-gauged interest after the debut, saw that AW was going to get a lot more attention than they had anticipated, and decided to actually do things right instead of bringing smoke upon themselves.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You want this shyt running at 15 frames per second? :mjtf:
man, even those explosions looked like some shyt that a junior dev would've been pulled aside for. for a top down, one scene at a time game like this, it made no sense for those models to look as bad as they did. the switch isn't a powerhouse, but there's no reason it should be looking worse than a modern mobile game while also shifting design choices
denno how I'd feel with a "modernized" style

AW's charm is that cartoony look
basically this. they knew they missed the mark

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
nikkas acting like the Switch is even on base model PS4/XB1 power levels. :mjlol:

Modernize these graphics and watch that shyt have Last Remnant levels of frame rate issues. :francis:

I mean compared to mario rabbids it does like kinda……eh

Look at this…

E3sSJQSWUAALvmB

E8JWGn7UUAIpc5Z

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
man, even those explosions looked like some shyt that a junior dev would've been pulled aside for. for a top down, one scene at a time game like this, it made no sense for those models to look as bad as they did. the switch isn't a powerhouse, but there's no reason it should be looking worse than a modern mobile game while also shifting design choices

basically this. they knew they missed the mark

I'd argue that a good amount of modern mobile games look and perform better than a lot of Switch games :mjlol:

I'm taking what they gave me, I've seen games like Tropico run on Switch and I want no parts of that type fukkery. :hubie:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I mean compared to mario rabbids it does like kinda……eh

Look at this…

big ass pictures.jpg
rabids running like dogshyt aside.... the problem with AW reboot is that its a much older title being brought back and that it has to maintain its identity while also looking better than its successors or at least as good

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'd argue that a good amount of modern mobile games look and perform better than a lot of Switch games :mjlol:

I'm taking what they gave me, I've seen games like Tropico run on Switch and I want no parts of that type fukkery. :hubie:

As long as the games run good I’m happy at this point.

Even Nintendo’s 1st party games are starting to run bad. Dread was a 2D game and it was the most frame drops I’ve experienced gaming all year. That should not be a thing, especially with such a small game.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
denno how I'd feel with a "modernized" style

AW's charm is that cartoony look
Even more details in the background or battle arenas. I like the cute artstyle, but some added details and animations could go a long way.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
imagine if someone released an off-brand game that looked like this AW Reboot for $60 :mjlol:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Genshin impact looks better on my phone than fukking xenoblade chronicles in undocked :dead:

Nintendo are criminals. what could they possibly touch up in 3 months for a rerelease of a 20 year old game :dead:

I bet you this shyt full price too.