Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp (April 21, 2023)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

:manny: tried to get into it...couldn't. and cause it blew IS forgot about AW until now...I'm hoping this remake sells so we can get new games (just hope if this happens, they don't incorporate the dating shyt from FE...one of the people at IS mentioned they were trying to do this for a future AW title).

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
:manny: tried to get into it...couldn't. and cause it blew IS forgot about AW until now...I'm hoping this remake sells so we can get new games (just hope if this happens, they don't incorporate the dating shyt from FE...one of the people at IS mentioned they were trying to do this for a future AW title).

Fire Emblem been around a lot longer than Advance Wars, it's their flagship title as a studio.

I love Advance Wars, I can appreciate both though. Fire Emblem is definitely more catered towards people who still want somewhat of an RPG experience though. Advance Wars we'll see don't be suprised if it does come back for real it starts to take a Valkyria Chronicles turn.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Fire Emblem been around a lot longer than Advance Wars, it's their flagship title as a studio.

I love Advance Wars, I can appreciate both though. Fire Emblem is definitely more catered towards people who still want somewhat of an RPG experience though. Fire Emblem needed to evolve it needed that social system. Advance Wars we'll see don't be suprised if it does come back for real it starts to take a Valkyria Chronicles turn.

yeah I know FE been around longer, but ain't really blow till smash stateside. Now it's FE all day and they left AW :mjcry:

If it does VC style, I'm in.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

I love Advance Wars, I can appreciate both though. Fire Emblem is definitely more catered towards people who still want somewhat of an RPG experience though. Fire Emblem needed to evolve it needed that social system. Advance Wars we'll see don't be suprised if it does come back for real it starts to take a Valkyria Chronicles turn.

Famicom Wars actually predates Fire Emblem, but you're correct that FE is the flagship.

FE has actually had a dating/relationship system since FE4 which was in 1996 so it's in the DNA of that series for sure.

AW I see more of a chess game than a RPG. It had a clone called Wargroove that came out that was tough as nails so I feel like it prepared me for this one.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Famicom Wars actually predates Fire Emblem, but you're correct that FE is the flagship.

FE has actually had a dating/relationship system since FE4 which was in 1996 so it's in the DNA of that series for sure.

AW I see more of a chess game than a RPG. It had a clone called Wargroove that came out that was tough as nails so I feel like it prepared me for this one.

was Fam Wars before FE? Damn thought it was after like a year or two.

:ohlawd: wargroove...scratched my AW itch, but still didn't have that extra polish AW had.

Tiny Metal and into the breach are good alts too, but none really come close to that perfection of AW

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Yeah I appreciate both for what they are. I will say though Advance Wars would be far better to play in competitive multiplayer since it is essentially just a grid based strategy game without the RPG elements, but @The Mad Titan is right it would need to be rebalanced for online cause the game was broken as fukk(fun as hell though).

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I knew this shyt wouldn’t release in december. They haven’t mentioned it since they announced it 4 months ago

Odds are I’ll prob skip it now since next year is packed with games

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I'd rather they take their time and ensure it is a quality experience than rush it to try to catch the holiday season and it ends up being a fukking mess and Nintendo loses goodwill. People only put up with Nintendo's shytty business practices because of the quality games they put out, they can't afford the negative PR of a fukked up release.

These companies are learning from the Cyberpunk fiasco. Better a delay than a bad release.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'd rather they take their time and ensure it is a quality experience than rush it to try to catch the holiday season and it ends up being a fukking mess and Nintendo loses goodwill. People only put up with Nintendo's shytty business practices because of the quality games they put out, they can't afford the negative PR of a fukked up release.

These companies are learning from the Cyberpunk fiasco. Better a delay than a bad release.

Yeah, i have no problem with that, its just time/value proposition probably won’t be the same for a Spring release like it would have been for a holiday release for me. I dont really have a ton of compelling shyt to play in december, this would have been a nice lay in bed and play type game.

Next year though the switch is back in the closet.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, i have no problem with that, its just time/value proposition probably won’t be the same for a Spring release like it would have been for a holiday release for me. I dont really have a ton of compelling shyt to play in december, this would have been a nice lay in bed and play type game.

Next year though the switch is back in the closet.

It would have been nice. My Switch is my primary console right now though so I'm gonna play this regardless when it comes out.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully they touch up the visuals a bit. I know it's a simplistic style but it felt like they could do a bit more to modernize it and justify the price