Adidas is reportedly sitting on $530,000,000 worth of official Yeezys that they can't sell

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
You know where the Yzy branding was on that upcoming "Not-Yzy" shoe Adidas is about to release?
It was right here
adidas-yeezy-boost-350-v2-tail-light-fx9017-release-date-info-2-931x1024.jpg

The insole is the only thing they had to replace. Adidas owns everything else about the shoe (ie Boost, designs, etc)
I’m sure $530M worth of shoes and merchandise is going to cost more to have to sell at a reduced price.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I’m sure $530M worth of shoes and merchandise is going to cost more to have to sell at a reduced price.
that they only spent ~$5-10M to produce and it was already overpriced:yeshrug:
You got me looking at all the recent Yzy designs and its made me realize he really didn't have any control over there. Adidas just slapped his name on the box:pachaha:
These slides that I see the women wearing don't have "Yzy" branding at all except the box. Its the same for those ugly foams. No Yzy branding. its like Adidas knew this was coming.

adidas-Yeezy-Slide-Black-Product.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2022%2F04%2Fadidas-yeezy-foam-runner-sulfur-official-look-release-info-gv6775-001.jpg

If Adidas send all this stuff to the outlets at lower prices (ie $150 instead of $220 for the 350s) they will move most of this stock because folks will buy them for multiple of reasons.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
that they only spent ~$5-10M to produce and it was already overpriced:yeshrug:
You got me looking at all the recent Yzy designs and its made me realize he really didn't have any control over there. Adidas just slapped his name on the box:pachaha:
These slides that I see the women wearing don't have "Yzy" branding at all except the box. Its the same for those ugly foams. No Yzy branding. its like Adidas knew this was coming.

adidas-Yeezy-Slide-Black-Product.jpg
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2022%2F04%2Fadidas-yeezy-foam-runner-sulfur-official-look-release-info-gv6775-001.jpg

If Adidas send all this stuff to the outlets at lower prices (ie $150 instead of $220 for the 350s) they will move most of this stock because folks will buy them for multiple of reasons.
Okay. My final argument is if it’s so simple then why Adidas ringing the alarm 🚨 about this?

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Okay. My final argument is if it’s so simple then why Adidas ringing the alarm 🚨 about this?
probably to see if the public will allow them to sell them without too much backlash or do they need to wait another quarter or so.
the space the product is taking up at the warehouses does cost money so I'm sure Adidas is ready to move it.