Adidas is reportedly sitting on $530,000,000 worth of official Yeezys that they can't sell

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
there's plenty of 350s already out there before Kanye went crazy without Yzy branding...

adidas-yeezy-boost-350-v2-bone-4.jpg

1.jpg

585613_01.jpg.jpeg

adidas-Yeezy-Boost-350-V2-MX-Oat-Product.jpg

1.jpg
Well I stand corrected. :mjlol:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Did you just kill the thread? :picard:
sorry-whoops.gif

But for real, I don't know how many of yall go to the Adidas outlet store but they are littered with Hardens, Derrick Roses and Ultraboosts. If Adidas just sent all the left over 350s which is probably the majority of what is still left unsold because that was the biggest seller and sold them for $150-180 they would sell out.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Let’s be real

Nobody buying expensive bootlegs

They name sold the brand. Kardashians were wearing them, Ye was wearing them, celebs that fukked with Ye was wearing them, etc.

Nobody buying these at a high price because most people were buying the name and the brand, nobody gave af that adidas made them. Adidas wasn’t popping like that until Ye honestly outside of James Harden gear and mostly only hoopers rocked those.

Might as well burn it. Sneaker heads know. Either that or make a deal with Ye after shyt dies down and make it his problem. Ye didn’t do himself any favors but literally dropped him over Jews who probably never even bought Ye stuff in the first place.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
sorry-whoops.gif

But for real, I don't know how many of yall go to the Adidas outlet store but they are littered with Hardens, Derrick Roses and Ultraboosts. If Adidas just sent all the left over 350s which is probably the majority of what is still left unsold because that was the biggest seller and sold them for $150-180 they would sell out.
I go all the time my friend. I have two in my area.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
This is why i don't buy top dollar, "luxury" or trending brands n all that bullshyt because this is all it takes for it to become worthless. Imagine someone paying $300+ for some Yeezy's now.. seems ridiculous right? That's how I felt since the beginning. It was never worth that much to begin with.
and it still won’t sell unless the third party that buys them are willing to take the gamble on taking the loss as well

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Adidas will always be number two.
Now without Ye, they don't have that star power...

And it's not like there's gonna be another Bad Bunny collab.

Nike still has the best collaborations with athletes, fashion brands, and musicians.
Pharrell still does decent numbers with his adidas line/Humanrace cobranding
Also Human Made collabs
A Bape collab just sold out quickly not even a week ago
Beyoncé shyt still sells out
Jerry Lorenzo still has his collab coming
Gucci Collab had 2 drops that sold out instantly
That’s where adidas has/will make their money on the back end
Not saying it’s Ye type bread
But adidas is far from dead

voiture

Superstar
Daps
No offical source in that tweet....be spetical of clout chasing tweets

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Also Human Made collabs
The HumanRace brand hasn't had the same traction for years now and they should have rereleased the OG joints years ago.

We also don't know when that Jerry Lorenzo collab is coming or if it will even have the same hype as he did with Adidas. If you don't that it matters, look at what happened with Sean Wotherspoon whose Adidas collab flopped even before he started with those stupid ass comments.

That Gucci Collab isn't for regular consumers, so it selling out quickly means nothing really. The Gucci Xbox collab sold out instantly and none of those even made it to the hands of us regular people.

Beyonce's collab is doing alright, but it's not big or hype enough to help carry them in the way that Ye did.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
The HumanRace brand hasn't had the same traction for years now and they should have rereleased the OG joints years ago.

We also don't know when that Jerry Lorenzo collab is coming or if it will even have the same hype as he did with Adidas. If you don't that it matters, look at what happened with Sean Wotherspoon whose Adidas collab flopped even before he started with those stupid ass comments.

That Gucci Collab isn't for regular consumers, so it selling out quickly means nothing really. The Gucci Xbox collab sold out instantly and none of those even made it to the hands of us regular people.
Them first Human Race joints are comfortable AF and I still wear them. I’d buy them again with no problem if I came across them. I don’t know what they’re doing these sets, but Pharrell was winning when they dropped. Some are absolutely terrible though.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Them first Human Race joints are comfortable AF and I still wear them. I’d buy them again with no problem if I came across them. I don’t know what they’re doing these sets, but Pharrell was winning when they dropped. Some are absolutely terrible though.
They started messing up when they pivoted towards the trail soles and then those wacky colors didn't help matters at all.

I've looked around for a pair for years, but they're too expensive on resale and probably starting to yellow with how long ago they were released.

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Also Human Made collabs
I forgot about the Pharell human race kicks and the Human Made collabs.
The Bape collab was fire.

And the Gucci and Prada collabs were dope too.

Plus they still have Adidas skateboarding and some other collabs (South Park, Star Wars, Disney) and collaborators (Rick Owens, Alexander Wang, Jeremy Scott) that always bring in money.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
A YouTuber said that all they gotta do is replace the inner soles. I never owned any Yeezys but apparently the Yeezy name only shows up on the inner soles that are removable anyway. If this is the case in addition to using a regular Adidas box , it shouldnt be too much of a loss. Apparently they don't plan on changing the pricing which will probably be an issue for them.