Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

Damn near shed a tear in this airport :wow:

That’s not just a Laker stan or a Kobe stan, that’s a hometown Laker/Kobe stan
rOlvqnW.png

As long as Russ hold his end of the bargain the stanbase gon love him. This is a fellow Kobe stan that we gotta see get a ring with us. It’s only right his redemption is with GOAT franchise….
rOlvqnW.png

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Rumors are the FO was in disagreement about whether to get RW or not

:snoop:

Looks like we came to a Democratic decision. But I think that disagreement also makes it sound like there was no plan to get Hield after getting Russ. There wouldn’t be disagreements if we had moves in place to address the shooting issues.
Its from this guy. He says ultimately Rob banked on Russ star power

I bet Pelinka got overruled by Jeanie and that's why the deal got done. :snoop:

This is flat out irresponsible team building. Because of this trade, they only have the tax-payer mid-level exception available, which is $5.9 million. That's the most money they can offer to a free agent. :snoop:

All these pipe dreams on here about who they can go after. No, they're getting stuck with vet minimum scraps to fill out the roster plus whatever they give Caruso and THT. :snoop:

LeBron, AD and Westbrick make around $120 million combined this upcoming season. It'll be $130 million next year. :mindblown:

As someone who wasn't crazy about the Lowry rumors last year, it is insane that they didn't make that deal but did this Westbrick one. There is no rational explanation for it.
Hield was the better fit. Making a trade with one team in mind isnt wise....buuuuttttt after thinking about it....

Brehs do not want to find themselves in the finals against the Nets and they have guys who are legit capable of playing trash. So they said fukk it fight fire with fire.

Healthy AD/Bron wins you the championship against any team outside of the Nets anyway. Just get to the playoffs healthy. Take solace in the fact that you werent likely to beat Brooklyn anyway without a 3rd star. Rather have Russ than a Hield who might get shook. Again I think Russ is purely about keeping AD healthy and lessening Bron's mins. Those dudes stay healthy they get back to the finals and win it again if its not the Nets. Against the Nets you'd rather have someone who is fearless like Russ.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Its from this guy. He says ultimately Rob banked on Russ star power

Hield was the better fit. Making a trade with one team in mind isnt wise....buuuuttttt after thinking about it....

Brehs do not want to find themselves in the finals against the Nets and they have guys who are legit capable of playing trash. So they said fukk it fight fire with fire.

Healthy AD/Bron wins you the championship against any team outside of the Nets anyway. Just get to the playoffs healthy. Take solace in the fact that you werent likely to beat Brooklyn anyway without a 3rd star. Rather have Russ than a Hield who might get shook. Again I think Russ is purely about keeping AD healthy and lessening Bron's mins. Those dudes stay healthy they get back to the finals and win it again if its not the Nets. Against the Nets you'd rather have someone who is fearless like Russ.

The fact that Hield is still technically in play makes me think this isn’t done yet. I think that Reddit write up that was posted made some great points and hopefully that’s what going on.

I think overall this team was missing some heart. No one has more heart than Russ, especially after the disappointing season that A-Disney had he’s already got the soft label on him and with a guy like Russ around to make him look even softer he gon need to get off the bullshyt this season.

Bron gon definitely benefit from this, way less usage necessary but still enough for him to get his numbers. If Rob pulls off the Hield deal and fills out the roster with quality vets through the MLE and minimum then we in the driver seat. I know it’s pipe dreams but if we could split the MLE between Lowry/DeRozen and use vet mins Melo, Dwight,

Sabo/Lowry/Caruso
Hield/THT
DeFrozen/Melo
Bron/Kieff
AD/Dwight/Marc

Fill the roster out either with young prospects or a few more good vets. That squad winning it all. :whew:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The fact that Hield is still technically in play makes me think this isn’t done yet. I think that Reddit write up that was posted made some great points and hopefully that’s what going on.

I think overall this team was missing some heart. No one has more heart than Russ, especially after the disappointing season that A-Disney had he’s already got the soft label on him and with a guy like Russ around to make him look even softer he gon need to get off the bullshyt this season.

Bron gon definitely benefit from this, way less usage necessary but still enough for him to get his numbers. If Rob pulls off the Hield deal and fills out the roster with quality vets through the MLE and minimum then we in the driver seat. I know it’s pipe dreams but if we could split the MLE between Lowry/DeRozen and use vet mins Melo, Dwight,

Sabo/Lowry/Caruso
Hield/THT
DeFrozen/Melo
Bron/Kieff
AD/Dwight/Marc

Fill the roster out either with young prospects or a few more good vets. That squad winning it all. :whew:
Being at the airport got you thinking this is DraftKings. Lets keep expectations in check breh :whoa:

Dont see Demar at all now. Hield could happen, but not even gonna psyche myself up for that.

Just get shooters and bring back the bigs from the championship squad. Get enough shooters where you stagger Russ and Bron's mins.

Get JJ Redikk for all I care. Lets also hope THT takes that next step in development as a defender/shooter. A Hield move could surprise but for now all this team needs are lights out shooters. Maybe we can get an Otto Porter

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Being at the airport got you thinking this is DraftKings. Lets keep expectations in check breh :whoa:

Dont see Demar at all now. Hield could happen, but not even gonna psyche myself up for that.

Just get shooters and bring back the bigs from the championship squad. Get enough shooters where you stagger Russ and Bron's mins.

Get JJ Redikk for all I care. Lets also hope THT takes that next step in development as a defender/shooter. A Hield move could surprise but for now all this team needs are lights out shooters. By time of the buyout market maybe we can get an Otto Porter

fukk that, defrozen a ring chaser he need to take that pay cut. Lowry I’ll understand cuz he already got his. But it feels like the Hield move is the next one to unfold. After that we fill out the roster with solid vet signings.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
fukk that, defrozen a ring chaser he need to take that pay cut. Lowry I’ll understand cuz he already got his. But it feels like the Hield move is the next one to unfold. After that we fill out the roster with solid vet signings.
Breh the more I look at the lineup you posted you must have been smoking some backwoods
67960326757a660ef0f7688b7454c726.gif

:pachaha:
Idk about the vets you talking about. But vets will come and it'll be all good.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Slept on it, and I still hate the trade :unimpressed:

But if it moves AD to the 5 full time, then fine

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Breh the more I look at the lineup you posted you must have been smoking some backwoods
67960326757a660ef0f7688b7454c726.gif

:pachaha:
Idk about the vets you talking about. But vets will come and it'll be all good.

I faced a fat jay and I drank a cocoa sea moss shake with oils in it. If I was off that fungus I’d be elaborately breaking down how all this shyt gon happen with a :russ: look on my face.

This that GOAT franchise shyt I ain’t got time for sense we bout dollars
jGukDha.png

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
I'm going on record now that I think the Buddy Hield trade is done and was done when when the Westbrook trade went public. What nobody is talking about is that the Lakers absolutely did not have to give up their first for Washington to do that trade.

At his current salary and stage of his career, Westbrook is at best a neutral asset and more likely a negative asset. His value is probably similar to what Chris Paul's was (before he revived his star power) when Houston traded him to OKC and had to attach a 1st. In trading Westbrook for the proposed package the Wizards would be getting Kuzma (who as much as we hate him right now is a positive asset), KCP (a 3 and D wing on a reasonable contract and a very shallow position in FA this year), Harrell (who despite his flaws is a good young underpaid player), and a first round pick in what was a pretty deep draft. The players have to be in the deal to make the salaries work so whether the y're giving up too much there is a moot point. But the Wizards 100 percent make that trade without that pick. Nobody else was trading for Westbrook, he came out and said LA was his preferred destination. Pelinka is too shrewd to bid against himself. But if the Kings are involved then the pick makes sense.

Assume the Harrell and Kuzma for Hield swap we've been hearing about is what goes to Sacramento. Then the Wizards are left with KCP (who is reported as the guy they really covet in the trade) and a first. I maintain that the Wizards probably do that deal also In a heartbeat. But its not legal. The Lakers are taking on too much salary. But if they sign and trade Schroeder, to the Wizards the trade becomes legal or becomes very close to legal (depending on what Schroeder ends up signing for).

As we know the Lakers cannot legally discuss sign and trades with Schroeder for a few more days because of tampering rules. But we know those conversations happen and we saw last year that those conversations getting leaked can blow up trades. Teams are going to be more careful about that information and more importantly the media is going to be more careful with it because if you blow up a team's trade you're going to risk losing every inside source you have. There is a reason why Buddy Hield's name went from being in every tweet to being erased like Thanos snapped his fingers. You haven't seen a single tweet about why the Lakers and Kings ultimately didn't get a deal done.

Lastly as to the why would Schroeder agree to help the Lakers. Because he wants to get paid but his options to do so are limited. There are a number of big money guards that are better than Schroeder and are going to command more than Schroeder. The scarcity of wings in this FA means teams are going to overspend there. Schroeder is not getting any offer from any team over the 10 million dollar tax payer MLE. It's the same reason Trezz opted in to his deal. If Schroeder wants to get paid the Lakers via sign and trade are his only avenue. The Wizards get a decent point guard at probably 4-5 mil over his market value but they were about to be paying Westbrook probably about 22 million over his.

reddit breh thoughts.. makes sense

:jbhmm:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Damn near shed a tear in this airport :wow:

That’s not just a Laker stan or a Kobe stan, that’s a hometown Laker/Kobe stan
rOlvqnW.png

As long as Russ hold his end of the bargain the stanbase gon love him. This is a fellow Kobe stan that we gotta see get a ring with us. It’s only right his redemption is with GOAT franchise….
rOlvqnW.png
:mjcry:

I shed one all the time when I read about Kobe still it’s crazy

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Hold on why would Sacramento do a sign and trade with the Lakers for Schroeder when they have De’Aaron Fox who just got a max deal ????!

Last edited: