AD NEED AN MD & LESS SCRUBS IN LA’S ANATOMY: THE 2021 LAKERS OFFSEASON THREAD

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
:what:

What are you talkin about??

He turned down the $84 million extension..

He’s not coming back he will be signed and traded

Schroeder overestimated his market, he will still get around the same offer by Lakers in FA.

Lakers have zero cap space, they have zero leverage here lol. He would have to agree to a sign and trade because he can just sign to another team without needing the Lakers.

Unless Lakers want to start Jeff Teague next season, Schroeder is guaranteed to come back. The only way I see him leaving if a team like Knicks overpay him. Not many team needs point guards so Rob can still offer the same $80 mil deal and he will take it

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Schroeder overestimated his market, he will still get around the same offer by Lakers in FA.

Lakers have zero cap space, they have zero leverage here lol. He would have to agree to a sign and trade because he can just sign to another team without needing the Lakers.

Unless Lakers want to start Jeff Teague next season, Schroeder is guaranteed to come back. The only way I see him leaving if a team like Knicks overpay him. Not many team needs point guards so Rob can still offer the same $80 mil deal and he will take it
He still getting the bag from a team. Teams will be stupid enough to give him $120 million. He’s not coming back to the Lakers he failed miserably and he’s delusional

Your whole thought process on this is amazing to me.

Not many teams need PGs??

There are several teams that need PGs I don’t know what you talkin about

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He still getting the bag from a team. Teams will be stupid enough to give him $120 million. He’s not coming back to the Lakers he failed miserably and he’s delusional

I was just looking at a list of teams that need PG and also looked at the amount available via the draft…Schroder doesn’t seem to have much of a market unless he’s willing to play a 6th man role.

The teams who are looking to win will likely be after Lowry/Conley/Dragic/Rose and others and the teams looking for core long term pieces will be after Lonzo, dinwidle.

You also have guys like Murray/white/Sexton/walker possibly on the trade market.

when I look at that list and the teams who need PGs it doesn’t seem like too many teams would be high on DS. Especially if the locker room stuff is real. So I’m thinking he may be back to the Lakers. But if he leaves I’m curious to see how you all replace him.

Also what are the expectations with Harrell and Drummond? Are they both gone or will Harrell opt back in? And if Harrell does are you targeting any other big men?

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps

I think Schroeder's market is largely dependent on what the Bulls or Knicks decide to do, so we'll see

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I was just looking at a list of teams that need PG and also looked at the amount available via the draft…Schroder doesn’t seem to have much of a market unless he’s willing to play a 6th man role.

The teams who are looking to win will likely be after Lowry/Conley/Dragic/Rose and others and the teams looking for core long term pieces will be after Lonzo, dinwidle.

You also have guys like Murray/white/Sexton/walker possibly on the trade market.

when I look at that list and the teams who need PGs it doesn’t seem like too many teams would be high on DS. Especially if the locker room stuff is real. So I’m thinking he may be back to the Lakers. But if he leaves I’m curious to see how you all replace him.

Also what are the expectations with Harrell and Drummond? Are they both gone or will Harrell opt back in? And if Harrell does are you targeting any other big men?
Listen what we have seen over the last decade or so is there is always one dumb team. That’s all it takes is one. Schroeder is gonna get his money. I agree with you Schroeder was bad with the Lakers this year and was clearly focused on his contract over team. Why would the Lakers want him back when they might be able to get Lonzo back at a little less money. Lonzo would be a much better fit

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Listen what we have seen over the last decade or so is there is always one dumb team. That’s all it takes is one. Schroeder is gonna get his money. I agree with you Schroeder was bad with the Lakers this year and was clearly focused on his contract over team. Why would the Lakers want him back when they might be able to get Lonzo back at a little less money. Lonzo would be a much better fit

wouldn’t it need to be a sign and trade to get Lonzo from the Pelicans as the Lakers I’m sure are near the hard cap.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
wouldn’t it need to be a sign and trade to get Lonzo from the Pelicans as the Lakers I’m sure are near the hard cap.
Lonzo is Restricted so they would have to renounce Schroeder’s rights to create the space then sign Lonzo to an offer sheet that the Pelicans won’t match

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If that bum Dennis wants more than 15 then don’t bother re-signing him. Dude came in on some deebo shyt and was woat. Let him ruin another team

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

Lowry, Lonzo, Conley and Dwinddlee are all probably above him the pg market list. Not many teams who need a pg, I don't think a team like Knicks or Bulls would offer him that especially how he performed in playoffs.

Lonzo is Restricted so they would have to renounce Schroeder’s rights to create the space then sign Lonzo to an offer sheet that the Pelicans won’t match
Lakers can renounce Schroder and still wont be able to sign Lonzo, you would have to do this + trade Kuzma and KCP to have a shot and even then a guy like Griffin would match to fukk over the Lakers. You just dont do all that for a player like Lonzo lol.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Lowry, Lonzo, Conley and Dwinddlee are all probably above him the pg market list. Not many teams who need a pg, I don't think a team like Knicks or Bulls would offer him that especially how he performed in playoffs.

Lakers can renounce Schroder and still wont be able to sign Lonzo, you would have to do this + trade Kuzma and KCP to have a shot and even then a guy like Griffin would match to fukk over the Lakers. You just dont do all that for a player like Lonzo lol.
They can create some space by renouncing another slot not sure who it was I was reading about

Last edited: