AD NEED AN MD & LESS SCRUBS IN LA’S ANATOMY: THE 2021 LAKERS OFFSEASON THREAD

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Of course you don’t you don’t fukk wit him….
8W0gYh8.png

I'm just saying :yeshrug:

Between Westbrook,Nunn, and Malik he's not seeing that many minutes.

Bazemore and Ellington will see decent minutes too so I'm not seeing it :manny:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Bazemore is a dikk head on offense but he’s very good on defense. Personally, I’d start Ellington though.

The defense will be fine Lakers were first in defense with Trezz, Kuz, Dennis, Drummond. Vogel knows what the fukk he’s doing schematically. Defense was fine even in those stretches LeBron and AD were injured.
Dennis and Kuzma played above average defense. Defense went down when Drummond came in. I am really not understanding the Dennis criticism on defense lol, he was pretty good last year. Vogel completely benched Trezz because he couldn’t fix him, good luck to him with Melo, Ellington, Westbrook, Monk, etc. I am not putting much faith in a 40 year old man like Ariza. Our only upside is we still have elite rim protection with AD/Dwight/LeBron/Marc. We will need to defend like Jazz, where they play tight defense on the perimeter and when the player gets through you have to deal with the bigs

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I'm just saying :yeshrug:

Between Westbrook,Nunn, and Malik he's not seeing that many minutes.

Bazemore and Ellington will see decent minutes too so I'm not seeing it :manny:
He starts or is the 6th man. Either he really improves his 3 point shot (which would make a legit high potential offensive threat) or he turns into one of the teams better defenders.

If he doesnt by Feb he's a guy you can move for another asset that fits.

They can keep Ellington and Monk (although I hope he gets a shot) on ice until THT proves he isnt ready.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Dennis and Kuzma played above average defense. Defense went down when Drummond came in. I am really not understanding the Dennis criticism on defense lol, he was pretty good last year. Vogel completely benched Trezz because he couldn’t fix him, good luck to him with Melo, Ellington, Westbrook, Monk, etc. I am not putting much faith in a 40 year old man like Ariza. Our only upside is we still have elite rim protection with AD/Dwight/LeBron/Marc. We will need to defend like Jazz, where they play tight defense on the perimeter and when the player gets through you have to deal with the bigs
I credit Vogel for that those guys were not good defenders prior.

For example Dennis was always good at applying ball pressure but would have a lot of off-ball lapses in his career.

Dennis had a negative defensive box plus minus every year of his career except last year.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
PG: Russ | Nunn
SG: Baze | THT | Ellington | Monk
SF: Bron | Ariza | McKinnie
PF: AD | Melo
C: Marc | Dwight

Not a fan of Baze starting at 2, a lot of good offense, zero defense. I guess goal will be to outscore other teams

With Bron, Russ, Melo, Nunn, AND Monk now, wtf is THT gonna do in that lineup? They got a billion guys who can create their own shot, unless he's about to take some huge leap on shooting and defense then what does he add? They gotta trade his "potential" for a defender ASAP.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
With Bron, Russ, Melo, Nunn, AND Monk now, wtf is THT gonna do in that lineup? They got a billion guys who can create their own shot, unless he's about to take some huge leap on shooting and defense then what does he add? They gotta trade his "potential" for a defender ASAP.
Lmao. THT is not only a shot creator but he’s a playmaker. He showed that every time he got mins. Aside from Russ and Bron, who else can do that? What’s with y’all so eager to trade any young player with potential when we don’t need to? Eventually these guys are going to be :flabbynsick: why not develop a 20 year old and still win at the same time?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
If there is one guy they missed out on potentially it was Otto Porter. Would be good to have him in case Ariza falls off/I know Otto been injured as well..

Then again I'm one of the few who likes McKinnie :manny:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Lmao. THT is not only a shot creator but he’s a playmaker. He showed that every time he got mins. Aside from Russ and Bron, who else can do that? What’s with y’all so eager to trade any young player with potential when we don’t need to? Eventually these guys are going to be :flabbynsick: why not develop a 20 year old and still win at the same time?

We will see, hopefully THT takes a step up defensively