Reppin
BX, NYC
I say start him

Russ/ Nunn
Monk / Ellington / THT
Bron / Bazemore / Ariza
AD/ Melo
Gasol/ Dwight
Monk won’t start or have that big of a role.

He shot well for the first time in his career last season but he battled injuries it wasn’t a significant sample size. He’s also a bad defender. Monk has had a rough start to his career.

If he doesn’t hit threes he will easily fall out of the rotation.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
He starts or is the 6th man. Either he really improves his 3 point shot (which would make a legit high potential offensive threat) or he turns into one of the teams better defenders.

If he doesnt by Feb he's a guy you can move for another asset that fits.

They can keep Ellington and Monk (although I hope he gets a shot) on ice until THT proves he isnt ready.
So if he doesn't develop his shot and his defense is still trash, teams are gonna be lining up to give LA a valuable asset to pay THT $10+ million? :mjlol:

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
You're falsely contrasting Oubre to guys they already have. The question isn't Oubre vs. players they already got, the question is how to maximize the MLE.

Oubre is a flashier defender than he is a good defender, just like Schroder he misses assignments and takes risks/gets beat all the time.

I agree that he would be a steal for the MLE, just like Trez was a steal last year for what he signed for. Schroder was a steal too. Drummond was a steal too. Kuzma was a steal too. But last year's experience is a good cautionary tale that stockpiling a bunch of "steals" isn't what gets you a title.

This team already has Westbrook and THT. Unless they're getting rid of one of them, then picking up a 3rd scoring guard who can't shoot is gonna be a real iffy direction to take. Do you really want a Westbrook-Oubre-Bron starting or closing lineup where Bron is the best shooter on the court, or a THT+Oubre+???? second unit that can neither shoot nor distribute?

The absolute biggest need right now is a quality perimeter defender who can actually hit that 3pt shot.

Great contribution breh, glad you took the time to type that out. :skip:

Schroder and Oubre are both aggressive scorers who don't hit the 3pt well and aggressive defenders who take risks but miss assignments. Their roles are quite similar, only Oubre is bigger but he can't run the point.

Who u got in mind breh?

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
I'd like another big. maybe a true starting big for shroe? is he enough for turner if we add a future 1st?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
With Bron, Russ, Melo, Nunn, AND Monk now, wtf is THT gonna do in that lineup? They got a billion guys who can create their own shot, unless he's about to take some huge leap on shooting and defense then what does he add? They gotta trade his "potential" for a defender ASAP.
THT isn’t going anywhere the Lakers love him.

It doesn’t hurt to have another playmaker and I believe in his potential as a high level team defender.

He’s the Lakers tertiary ball handler and will be one of their most important role players over most of these cats they signed lol.

Last edited: