"Actors now, most of them, are mediocre......" - Mickey Rourke

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
You gotta realize Mickey Rourke is an actor's actor. Like he comes from maybe the last generation where acting ability really mattered.

With that said Ryan Gosling and Shia Lebouf are very good actors and don't deserve the hate they get. Gosling because his good looks (nh) and large female fanbase belie his acting.ability and Shia who in all honesty seems to be his own worst enemy.

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
mickey rourke the goat has always spit the truth, he too real for hollywood

he shouldve run up on flex

also shytin on trump

Last edited:

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
Alls i know is Vin Deisal is the greatest voice actor of all-times.

tell me im lying.

@Groot

:smoothhoffa:

groothubie.png

We are Groot?

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
You know how many arthouse fukks tried to convince me that was a good movie just because Gosling had few lines and used 2 facial expressions during the whole movie to convey his emotions..... :smh:
You'll prolly find several B's YouTube essay telling u the same to

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
cultural impact.
Go ahead, I'm listening:manny:

Anyway, there are plenty of good to great actors. Unfortunately, for an industry that's supposed to be liberal and not care about these things, they're mostly not from the US. Theatre training has taken the backseat to good looks and being a barista while you wait for someone to notice you in this country. The UK continues to pump out talent of all races and sexes at a high clip. So I could rock with Mickey's premise if he was talking about acting in the US, but the state of acting is fine in general.

Not to mention acting isn't sports where age restricts one from participating. If Mickey Rourke considers himself a working actor currently, that would mean he and his peers are contributing to said mediocrity. If you think actors his age don't engage in the same politics nor put millions over artistry, you're bugging. Maggie Smith, an amazing actress, didn't take the role of Professor McGonagall because of the art. She willingly admitted she didn't even watch the movies:pachaha:It's ironic he brought up Star Wars as if we don't all know about how Alec Guinness felt about playing Obi Wan Kenobi and the one silver lining he found in the job. I will never accept these rose colored glasses depictions of people's primes, especially when they're used to disparage that which comes after them.:camby: