Actor Steve Rannazzisi (The League),Who Told of 9/11 Escape, Admits He Lied

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
Local news just had a promo for this story in the lead up to the newscast saying it's potentially 'career ending' :mindblown:

People just love being outraged nowadays, people feed off of whatever conflict they can create

He lied about September 11th... OK. Well he's a fukking comedian, who gives a shyt?

He didn't lie about as a comedian though - he told this bullshyt sob story for years talking about how he had PTSD nightmares and how his whole life changed when them towers fell. Dude's a full of shyt scumbag liar.
:russ:

I'll still laugh at the League tho. :smugdraper:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He didn't lie about as a comedian though - he told this bullshyt sob story for years talking about how he had PTSD nightmares and how his whole life changed when them towers fell. Dude's a full of shyt scumbag liar.
:russ:

I'll still laugh at the League tho. :smugdraper:
Still doesnt bother me :ld:

Ive told lies in my life, and dug the hole deeper

If he was a public figure and had some responsibility to be honest/have integrity then its a different story

Dude made a dipshyt move, but his career as a comedian ending over this? Cmon .....

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
Still doesnt bother me :ld:

Ive told lies in my life, and dug the hole deeper

If he was a public figure and had some responsibility to be honest/have integrity then its a different story

Dude made a dipshyt move, but his career as a comedian ending over this? Cmon .....

There are a lot of people in the Hollywood power structure that lost close family/friends on 9/11. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if this dude ends up blacklisted and fades away.

It's one thing to bullshyt around when you aren't a well-known figure, but this guy is a public figure in the sense that we're talking about him right now and I only know him from his 9-11 interviews and his role on the League. It's not like he was lying to some female or credit card company, I first heard of this guy because of his 9-11 story. Dude played it for all it was worth.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Didn't they have an episode last season where his Jenny pretended to have cancer because someone saw her wearing a bandanna and thought she was a cancer survivor when really she just got finished doing yard work?

They always have little white lie type of shows. Having said that, I don't care if he lied, people have probably made millions lying about being in the towers or helping people get out of the towers.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
There are a lot of people in the Hollywood power structure that lost close family/friends on 9/11. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if this dude ends up blacklisted and fades away.

It's one thing to bullshyt around when you aren't a well-known figure, but this guy is a public figure in the sense that we're talking about him right now and I only know him from his 9-11 interviews and his role on the League. It's not like he was lying to some female or credit card company, I first heard of this guy because of his 9-11 story. Dude played it for all it was worth.
That little weird looking white dude on SNL lost his father in the towers. I don't think this is going to get him blacklisted though. His career might be cold for a year or two.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's Raffi level scumbaggery.
Nah, Raffi wouldn't lie about some shyt like that.

Rafi would've been the guy that lended one of the terrorists his box cutter at the airport bar because they mentioned they forgot his at home.

Rafi: I just thought he was gonna be cutting boxes during the flight and he said he was gonna be with 72 virgins later so I told him to give me a call, seemed like a chill dude :ehh:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I'm a white straight male, so literally nothing has ever offended me, and I'm usually pissed off whenever something like this blows up in the press and online. Everything is a overblown these days.

... this is about the closest thing that's ever really offended me. i guess this is my hot button. white male from NY. don't fukkin lie about being involved in the worst tragedy in the history of US soil, you cocksucking sociopath. i wish the worst for this guy's career. didn't like him anyway.

carry on.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When in Doubt, A CaC gon CaC:patrice:

...Coli League Brehs, That's Yo Man That's Yo Man*DMX Belly voice*:leostare:

Buffalo Wings pull the plug:ban:, but will the rest of his career suffer:mjpls: