Activision: Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remaster; Sony Relationshiop

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a transitional generation, they basically had to make the jump because of how old the previous consoles were, but these machines aren't going to be powerful enough to really take advantage of the next step which is VR. I don't think PS4/X1 will have a very long lifespan, maybe 5 years total if that, the next generation will be all about VR.

I honestly have zero interest in virtual tech unless it's incredibly well done which I don't think it will be for at least 10-15 years

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
This is a transitional generation, they basically had to make the jump because of how old the previous consoles were, but these machines aren't going to be powerful enough to really take advantage of the next step which is VR. I don't think PS4/X1 will have a very long lifespan, maybe 5 years total if that, the next generation will be all about VR.

yes

im considering skipping this gen altogether. i still have my ps3 and it runs fine :ehh: the marginal graphics upscales are worth completely starting over

vr headsets are just dropping and it seems like they're testing it out on the consumer market. ive heard the major problem is tracking eye movement causing disorientation. haven't tried it yet but that's what i hear

around the time the next cycle of consoles drops they should be on the third or fourth gen vr and have it down though.... hopefully

than maybe we can get new games, but im sure they'll still be remaking cod, last of us, uncharted, etc for vr sets :snoop:

sports games will be crazy though :ohhh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
HirshbergE32015-610.jpg

The remaster phenomenon that began last generation has been a crucial strategy for platform holders and publishers on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. A few companies haven't yet dipped a toe in those waters, among them Activision.

We asked Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg whether he and his team had considered revisiting past Call of Duty games or other titles from the company's back catalog. For those hoping for a Call of Duty 4 remake, you can keep a flicker of hope alive.

"If done well, I think [remasters] can be great," Hirshberg says. "You talk about nostalgia, and people have such connection to the games they love from the last cycle. They want to see what it would look like if someone did it right for this cycle. It's always the opportunity cost, meaning we need every body we can get to make the content we're already committed to for our new games. It's always a matter of finding great people to do that work. I would love to play Modern Warfare 1 or the original Black Ops. There's certainly a deep well there. No announcements, but it's something we talk about and think about a lot."
We also asked Hirshberg about the change in the Call of Duty DLC relationship. For years, map packs got a one month lead time on Xbox systems. This year marks a change, with PlayStation consoles getting the new content first.

Competitive Call of Duty is played primarily on Xbox consoles. With maps coming first to PlayStation, there is potential for a drastic change in the eSports landscape.

"Obviously, that matters. The muscle memory is a deep, physical connection to the controller that you're used to," Hirsberg says. But it's been a cross-platform game the entire time. We've had great players on both platforms the entire time. The partnership with Sony was the right decision at this time. They've been a great partner on Destiny, and they have a ton of momentum with the PS4 and really got behind this thing. They wanted to see that deal on their platform. We're going to make it work."

Email the author Mike Futter, or follow on Google+, Twitter, and Game Informer.
Man I complete forgot about this alias :to:
:SNAKESALUTE:Rest in peace breh.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If it aint gonna be remastered on a strong new graphics engine like capcom did for the new resident evil games, GTFOH..:camby:

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
:snoop: I throw PS+ in the bushes when I found out you can't play the free games without an account...and then I realized XboX does the same thing
As long as they don’t eliminate account sharing I’m good

My girl shares my account with me :sadcam: