ACTION AUGUST! The Coli's Top 10 Action Films ***FINAL LIST***

What genre should the next top 10 list be for September?

• High School/College/Frat

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Sports

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Comedy

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • War

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
You are right about that. Nothing we can do about it. We do though have the debate open to which movies we are surprised to see and The Raid series would probably take the cake cause it's so new. And I am a big action fan, so to say that too much action is the reason why I don't rate it in top 10 is nonsense. I metioned already that The movies violence is like a video game with just dummies being beaten to the ground over and over again which I stand by. To be a goat action movie IMO you need at least a good story line and passable script and The Raid movies have neither. I ain't mad that people love it and voted, but I do feel that in 10 years, people will have moved on from the hype of these movies. When Kill Bill first came out people were going on as if it was the greatest action movie ever, same with Ong Bak and Ninja Assasin. Again, I ain't mad at the coli's list. If I really didn't want The Raid on the list I would have said no martial arts movies and not allowed it to make the voting, but I already knew it was popular and let it be. Now what about those people hating on Empire Strikes Back and calling Predator a sci fi film.:umad:

I've only really seen people hating on the Raid so far. Ain't nobody really hating on Empire and Predator. Some might feel that they belong more on a Sci Fi list, but that's not really hating. :manny:

Raid will always be looked at as more of an action flick because of all the shooting. Ip Man will always be looked at more as a martial arts film because of the lack of shooting. It is what it is.

I didn't know anybody that thought Kill Bill was one of the greatest movies ever. Cats liked it and though it was good, but I never heard of that greatest shyt being thrown around.

Ong Bak will prolly be looked at as a classic only because it revitalized a genre and brought in a new face.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I've only really seen people hating on the Raid so far. Ain't nobody really hating on Empire and Predator. Some might feel that they belong more on a Sci Fi list, but that's not really hating. :manny:

People aren't hating on the Raid. If you read the posts we are saying its a good action/martial arts movie, but we don't put them in top 10 ranking for obvious reasons (no story/minimum dialogue/repetitiveness). No one is hating. You :cape:for The Raid for the last 3 pages though is making it look like nikkaz hating.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
People aren't hating on the Raid. If you read the posts we are saying its a good action/martial arts movie, but we don't put it in top 10 ranking for obvious reasons (no story/minimum dialogue/repetitiveness). No one is hating. You :cape:for The Raid for the last 3 pages though is making it look like nikkaz hating.

I'm not saving anything. I'm good breh. Remember my point was proven with the list. The nikkas that don't like Raid are the ones chiming in on some surprised it made it shyt.
Dude you quoting me and keep mentioning why you don't fukk with the Raid is what comes off as hating. :mjlol:

Most martial arts movies hardly have great original stories so that will always take a back seat to most people (as evident by Raid making the list) so cats don't generally don't hold the story to such a high standard as they would in a drama film.

It's just that the Raid series is so awesome nikkas wanna start over analyzing it and expecting Schindler's List in a fukking action movie about drugs and mayhem.:pachaha:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
drugs and mayhem

If thats all cats need in an action movie to make it goat worthy then I guess I hold action films to different higher standards. I like that we got a variety of movies in the top 10 though cause most people that voted for The Raid movies didn't vote for Dark Knight and Empire Strikes Back. If it was top martial arts films I would definitely consider putting them on though just cause of the brutal hand to hand combat scenes.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
If thats all cats need in an action movie to make it goat worthy then I guess I hold action films to different higher standards. I like that we got a variety of movies in the top 10 though cause most people that voted for The Raid movies didn't vote for Dark Knight and Empire Strikes Back. If it was top martial arts films I would definitely consider putting them on though just cause of the brutal hand to hand combat scenes.

If drugs and mayhem is all that you got from the Raid series, you probably didn't deserve that piff in the first place breh. :manny:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
If drugs and mayhem is all that you got from the Raid series, you probably didn't deserve that piff in the first place breh. :manny:

I'm quoting you breh. You're the one that said it's about drugs and mayhem. All I got from the movies was brutal hand to hand combat and some sick killing scenes which all fell into the martial arts genre to me. The guns and shooting was forgettable. I'm a leave it at that though. Good movie, great fighting scenes. That's it.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I'm quoting you breh. You're the one that said it's about drugs and mayhem. All I got from the movies was brutal hand to hand combat and some sick killing scenes which all fell into the martial arts genre to me. The guns and shooting was forgettable. I'm a leave it at that though. Good movie, great fighting scenes. That's it.

Agreed. The Raid movies were good, but they aren't touching my personal top 10 action films for the points you listed

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I'm quoting you breh. You're the one that said it's about drugs and mayhem. All I got from the movies was brutal hand to hand combat and some sick killing scenes which all fell into the martial arts genre to me. The guns and shooting was forgettable.

Oh so now you got brutal hand to hand combat and some sick killing scenes.

Ok gotcha.

Apparently all that brutal hand to hand combat and sick killing scenes that you saw is what made it a GOAT action movie for a whole bunch of people.

Thanks for proving my point.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I thought your point was proven breh? :umad:now.

The Raid series made the top ten breh. I point been proven a while ago now, but keep being in your feelings quoting me though. :mjlol:

More people like action movies for action than they do for deep stories and plots. :umad:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
The coli streets already decided that the Raid are top 10 action movies of all time. If you disagree you're in the minority. I ain't gotta convince nikkas, because obviously you just don't feel them like that so it's :manny:

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:umad:

Nah the Raid definitely got nikkas catching feelings though. Just look at the last several posts in this thread.

nikkas talking about there's too much action and fighting in the Raid that it got boring and redundant. :dahell:

That's like walking into your bedroom and there's 3 dime piece bytches sitting on the bed waiting to fukk the shyt out of you and the first thing that comes to your mind is "That's too much p*ssy to handle.":mjlol:

To be real the Raid is like Hard Boiled with more martial arts. (Gun action and Fights)

Raid Series is a top 10 action movie of all time voted by the people for the people and there's nothing cats can do about it. :youngsabo:

If I wanna go watch a bunch of random fights with no plot I'll go watch worldstar all day... If I wanna see an action MOVIE I want a plot and story behind why they fighting...... that makes the action so much better