ACTION AUGUST! The Coli's Top 10 Action Films ***FINAL LIST***

What genre should the next top 10 list be for September?

• High School/College/Frat

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Sports

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Comedy

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • War

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
You seen the alternate one?
I have. It was kinda meh too.. Idk. They obviously didnt know how to end it. Studios didnt like that og ending so they rush film an even worse ending. but i really liked the violence in this flick. That elevator scene..the boat scene. Good shyt. Die Hard 2
had a dope end climax But that plot was pretty weak.

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm embarrassed that I forgot about Hot Fuzz...and I have the Blu-ray and just watched it on HBO

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
T2, Die Hard, Matrix, Aliens, Predator, Raid 1 and Hard Boiled all solid :obama:

TDK, I wouldn't pick it myself, but people have made some worthy arguments here so I get it :yeshrug:

Empire Strikes back tho. :what: at people classing it as action. Strictly sci-fi, or at best adventure genre for me.

Now the Raid 2 :beli: So much about about that film was :flabbynsick:. Plot was unnecessarily convoluted, director wanted to have it both ways making a complex Hong Kong Johnnie To gangster movie and an action extravaganza at once, it threw out all the economy of pacing and story telling that made the first one work.
Some of the plot holes :snoop: you know to send 50 goons for the Mad Dog guy but not give one of them gun :mindblown:
I still think the kitchen fight near the end might have had the best choreography of either movie however:ehh:

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
:manny:Put it on your top 10 comedy list next month breh.

IYeah I might have to. It's funny how that movie gets labeled more for a comedy....The lest 40 minutes is all action

Just cause i'm bored.. Top 5 Action Comedy Movies in no order Because I'll change my mind too much and I know there's a bunch I'll forget :troll:

Beverly Hills Cop
Hot Fuzz
The Other Guys
Rush Hour 2
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
James Cameron the GAWD two flicks in top 4, three in top 15. ppl always love telling me Nolan makes these "amazing action sequences" but no....Cameron has and always will be the greatest visual director in terms of great action sequences. thats why he's my favorite director of all time. no knock on nolan whom is climbing the charts, but he aint seeing James

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
James Cameron the GAWD two flicks in top 4, three in top 15. ppl always love telling me Nolan makes these "amazing action sequences" but no....Cameron has and always will be the greatest visual director in terms of great action sequences. thats why he's my favorite director of all time. no knock on nolan whom is climbing the charts, but he aint seeing James

I don't think Nolan makes great action pieces, but he's a phenomenal director for the atmosphere, cinematography, and story in his movies