According to Mat Piscatella (NPD/Circana) Gaming Subscriptions have stalled

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats what im saying, look at all the major releases this year. They are all selling fairly well, (noted in the OP) and people are talking about their backlogs piling up with PREMIUM priced games (70/60 dollar games) some of them being stuff like Zelda and Diablo that have like 100’s of hours of content.

Where in all these major releases would either a “hardcore” gamer or casual gamer find time to also play a bunch of releases on a sub service? Tthats why gamepass and ps plus been trash the last two months they know there is bigger fish to fry. People are not taking their attention away from big releases, why waste money putting big games on the service?

Thats how its always going to be
Speak for yourself while I've known what I'm going to play in the month of june for months now but Gamepass has had 1 to 2 titles that I want to play every month this year. Doesn't mean I'll get to it, but I like knowing that if I want to I can boot up the xbox and load up the game and play for a bit and that's on top of other "triple A titles" that are slated for xbox this year :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Doesn't mean I'll get to it,

So you’re paying for the sub to “get around to” playing those games months later when they are already heavily discounted?

There’s no scenario where i see the “must have” value, other than being able to actually play games online (which even that is starting to feel a lot less essential). For subs to continue to grow they have to make it something that feels necessary to enjoy gaming like ps plus essential and xbox gold do. Like amazon did with video, tie it to something people already use by default.

I don’t see gamepass growing unless games become subscription exclusive.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you’re paying the sub to “get around to” playing those games months later when they are already heavily discounted?
I'm not going out hunting for games I don't have or missed. Best bet of me playing and purchasing anything I missed or skipped is it showing up on gamepass.

And a lot of these games while heavily discounted physically they are the same price they typically are at launch or around about the same price digitally.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm not going out hunting for games I don't have or missed. Best bet of me playing and purchasing anything I missed or skipped is it showing up on gamepass.

And a lot of these games while heavily discounted physically they are the same price they typically are at launch or around about the same price digitally.

The vast majority of indie titles and AA go on sales maybe a month or two after release, and they’re already cheap.

Theres currently a days of play sale going on and everything is dirt cheap, games that came out just weeks ago

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The vast majority of indie titles and AA go on sales maybe a month or two after release, and they’re already cheap.

Theres currently a days of play sale going on and everything is dirt cheap, games that came out just weeks ago
I'll let you divvy up what I'd play and have played on gamepass in the last 6 months that has released and you tell me how many of those games I could get with the 90 bucks that it would cost for 6 months of gamepass at 15 dollars.

HiFi Rush
Monster hunter rise
Jojo's
Hot wheels rush
inkulati
SD gundam
Atomic Heart
Wo long
nino kuni 2
Infinite guitars
Minecraft legends
Cassette beast
Ravenlok
Fuga 2
Chicory
Rune factory 4 special

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'll let you divvy up what I'd play and have played on gamepass in the last 6 months that has released and you tell me how many of those games I could get with the 90 bucks that it would cost for 6 months of gamepass at 15 dollars.

HiFi Rush
Monster hunter rise
Jojo's
Hot wheels rush
inkulati
SD gundam
Atomic Heart
Wo long
nino kuni 2
Infinite guitars
Minecraft legends
Cassette beast
Ravenlok
Fuga 2
Chicory
Rune factory 4 special

This looks like a cute list someone would make if they were trying to convince you why you don’t need to buy AAA games

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This looks like a cute list someone would make if they were trying to convince you why you don’t need to buy AAA games
:mjlol:Pivot#1

Those are all games I have played, downloaded or queued for download when I make more room. :manny: It's just a list from a guy that "doesn't care about triple A games like that"

Even though the list contains at least 3 triple A games :blessed:

With gamepass you get it all:wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You right maybe I should use the 90 I spent on gamepass and buy them all instead :unimpressed:

Or wait until you are actually going to play them like normal people do and buy them on sale. No point in listing games you haven’t even loaded onto your xbox yet to prove a point about saving money

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Or wait until you are actually going to play them like normal people do and buy them on sale. No point in listing games you haven’t even loaded onto your xbox yet to prove a point about saving money
Your backlog empty then I guess right :mjlol:

No wonder you waiting for these Triple A games like crack

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Your backlog empty then I guess right :mjlol:

No wonder you waiting for these Triple A games like crack

I don’t “wait” on anything, i always have something to play and i pay for most things i play outside of a subscription. I know its crazy. Being excited for god of war or final fantasy doesn’t mean thats all i play, and i post enough proof here as to what i play so theres no confusion.

And i probably play just as many indie an AA games as anyone else here

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t “wait” on anything, i always have something to play and i pay for most things i play outside of a subscription. I know its crazy. Being excited for god of war or final fantasy doesn’t mean thats all i play, and i post enough proof here as to what i play so theres no confusion.

And i probably play just as many indie an AA games as anyone else here
:jbhmm:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gizmo thinks I should wait and drop my sub service, to play a game on sale that, a lot of times I usually forget about with games dropping left and right now... only to have me to pay 3 to 4 times more over all like a normal person.

I'ma gamepass on that:heh: