Accepted to 122 colleges with $5.3 million in scholarships. His choice came down to music

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's like SZA.

When your parents are successful you can take chances like that.

Going school for music though is not it. Go into the studio, then possibly the dance studio, not the classroom.

Then you got to be real with yourself.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
How the hell did he pay all those application fees?

*checks immigration status*

Probably didn’t.

My kids could only apply to 10 schools a piece because that’s all we could afford.

The Article does state that his father paid for the fees.

But this is really a waste of money; that money ( if it wasn't spend to apply to higher prestige schools) could've went towards whatever amenities/luxuries he'd need as an incoming freshman. I definitely remember lots of freshman showing up with not much other than clothes, a laptop, playstation and maybe a months worth of toiletries.

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps
I find it weird how people get scared when people choose occupations like musician over, let’s say a doctor.

Yes, you will have work for sure a some sort of medical professional and thus you’ll have finances but to act like you can’t have a good life pursuing music or it’s only worth it if you gain massive amounts of money and fame just illustrates how little information people have about the field.

Honestly, a person capacity to advance thru their field holds the most value to the individual. No matter what occupation you chose, if it’s a dead end with no growth or challenge, you will be unfulfilled.

I’d also say those same critics are of weaker constitution, most that would prefer the doctor over the musician wouldn’t have the capacity to be either and just judge the situation by perceived societal value.
they dont this is faux concern.. nobody cares what anybody does with their life... they think about for a sec then go back to worrying about their own problems..

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
The Article does state that his father paid for the fees.

But this is really a waste of money; that money ( if it wasn't spend to apply to higher prestige schools) could've went towards whatever amenities/luxuries he'd need as an incoming freshman. I definitely remember lots of freshman showing up with not much other than clothes, a laptop, playstation and maybe a months worth of toiletries.
Oh nah if his pops actually paid for it then who am I to say something?

That's a whole lot of bread.

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
How many musicians make enough money to support themselves AND a family?

How many doctors make enough money to support themselves AND a family?

Case closed.

Someone in this thread said it, he's smart but he isn't wise whatsoever.

Life as a man isn't about doing what you want to do to survive. It's about doing what you HAVE to do to thrive. Once you're stable you can do whatever tf you want AND you'll have a safety net.

L to the parents. Future L to the kid, unfortunately.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Big L if he wasn’t trained as a musician from the womb (listening to improvisation while in the womb to being able to draw out chords as a child just from hearing perfect pitch). You’re going to compete with conservatory kids who have and even though they never have to audition ever because of the conservatory training they don’t always become stars. A lot of these musicians who just “made it” are lying about being conservatory kids or lying about having rich dads. Go do an actual profession and then make a song go viral on TikTok on the side . You have a bigger chance at being a star by going viral on twitch or YouTube by being a discord orbiter to someone like Adin Ross.
But it looks like music is actually his life so he’ll be alright

Last edited:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Big L if he wasn’t trained as a musician from the womb (listening to improvisation while in the womb to being able to draw out chords as a child just from hearing perfect pitch). You’re going to compete with conservatory kids who have and even though they never have to audition ever because of the conservatory training they don’t always become stars. A lot of these musicians who just “made it” are lying about being conservatory kids or lying about having rich dads. Go do an actual profession and then make a song go viral on TikTok on the side . You have a bigger chance at being a star by going viral on twitch or YouTube by being a discord orbiter to someone like Adin Ross.
But it looks like music is actually his life so he’ll be alright

It does mention that this kid is in modern drama in HS, and is apart of a acapella group.... But that doesn't mean anything if this kid isn't exceptional at theater/music

But if we look at it through the lens of him choosing Berkley because it offers him academic prestige AND him wanting to further his interests at a school with a conservatory that is in high standing...it's not as bad.