Acceptance and Complacency are the keys to Happiness

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
My parents ain't talented at all, I not ashamed to say they not really smart either, they worked hard and showed the virtues of self-discipline. Watched my parents go from poverty, to lower-middle class, to upper-middle class. In the span of 20 years being black with thick ass African accents.

They both make 100k+ individually even if it meant failing a certification test 8 times before finally passing in my mom case, and working two jobs in my dad's case.

Keep thinking there is something inherently wrong with you keeping you from being successful and you'll stay unsuccessful.
This is defeatism at best, laziness at worst.

For the OP it seems like you associate fame with success more than quality of life.
Stop it. If you make 100K you have to be talented in something. Everybody has something inherently wrong with them which keeps them from being successful. It's a simple fact of life.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Problem is with the language we use, we talk in codes and lawyer-ish language and then wonder why we get confused, they've even done a study on english vs. other languages having an effect on how we act/interact just based on the limitations of different languages to convey certain things.

Complacency/acceptance (and both can be seen negatively)...are just words, what's important is the emotion behind them seeing how convoluted the language is. What I think my man is really getting at is that he has established a rhythm with life, a flow, that doesn't require him to expend unnecessary energy living up to ideals that he hasn't set for himself...obviously being "content" or not giving a fukk is FREEDOM, and honestly whatever freedom means to you should be much more of a goal than being "better" as "better" is often determined by expectations and other peoples perceptions even if you have internalized them and made them yours.

Determining that one is a "loser" because he decides to step outside of the game is short sighted and really guided by group think. This is not to say to not be ambitious but coming to THIS point in your life can actually allow you to reset your bearings in order to identify something worth being ambitious about.
How did you become enlightened in the ways of Zerofuxgivinism? :ohhh:

Pain.

And nikkas ask why certain immigrants are so successful, doing the opposite of the OP is one of the reasons.

Obviously living in a hut is not desirable to you I would assume...somewhere there is some "successful" person on the verge of having a heart attack while some nikka living in the mud is smiling. Of course you gotta define happiness within your own context so that may not be it for you...but understand the POWER behind getting the mindset of being ALRIGHT with where you are in the now. If OP's goal was to be free he is indeed successful at that as he has defined it.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Stop it. If you make 100K you have to be talented in something. Everybody has something inherently wrong with them which keeps them from being successful. It's a simple fact of life.

I disagree with this for a couple reasons.

1. Success/successful is relative to what it is you want/require from your life experiences.

2. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with anybody, or that it keeps them from being a "success", I think it's about being able to get to the point you are talking about to leave behind the distortion about just what it is YOU want to be "successful" at. You got one cat in here trying to give you a by the numbers formula when all you really need to do is know yourself well enough to know exactly what it is that you have to offer the world. I feel like the average person is so distracted by materialism and trying to emulate and compare themselves with people and roles that they just don't naturally fit into.

Grams

Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Problem is with the language we use, we talk in codes and lawyer-ish language and then wonder why we get confused, they've even done a study on english vs. other languages having an effect on how we act/interact just based on the limitations of different languages to convey certain things.

Complacency/acceptance (and both can be seen negatively)...are just words, what's important is the emotion behind them seeing how convoluted the language is. What I think my man is really getting at is that he has established a rhythm with life, a flow, that doesn't require him to expend unnecessary energy living up to ideals that he hasn't set for himself...obviously being "content" or not giving a fukk is FREEDOM, and honestly whatever freedom means to you should be much more of a goal than being "better" as "better" is often determined by expectations and other peoples perceptions even if you have internalized them and made them yours.

Determining that one is a "loser" because he decides to step outside of the game is short sighted and really guided by group think. This is not to say to not be ambitious but coming to THIS point in your life can actually allow you to reset your bearings in order to identify something worth being ambitious about.

Pain.

Obviously living in a hut is not desirable to you I would assume...somewhere there is some "successful" person on the verge of having a heart attack while some nikka living in the mud is smiling. Of course you gotta define happiness within your own context so that may not be it for you...but understand the POWER behind getting the mindset of being ALRIGHT with where you are in the now. If OP's goal was to be free he is indeed successful at that as he has defined it.
This is what I'm saying breh. Why waste so much energy tryna be something your not? Being free = being happy
I disagree with this for a couple reasons.

1. Success/successful is relative to what it is you want/require from your life experiences.

2. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with anybody, or that it keeps them from being a "success", I think it's about being able to get to the point you are talking about to leave behind the distortion about just what it is YOU want to be "successful" at. You got one cat in here trying to give you a by the numbers formula when all you really need to do is know yourself well enough to know exactly what it is that you have to offer the world. I feel like the average person is so distracted by materialism and trying to emulate and compare themselves with people and roles that they just don't naturally fit into.
If you 5'8 and white, you won't be playing in the NBA
If you ugly, you won't be bagging gyals unless you have money coming out your ears
If you black, you won't be able to live a peaceful life in Russia
If you a #MidnightBoy, you won't be able to take a good pic without flash

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

3rd world nations routinely score higher in happiness surveys than 1st world nations :wow:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
This is what I'm saying breh. Why waste so much energy tryna be something your not? Being free = being happy

If you 5'8 and white, you won't be playing in the NBA
If you ugly, you won't be bagging gyals unless you have money coming out your ears
If you black, you won't be able to live a peaceful life in Russia
If you a #MidnightBoy, you won't be able to take a good pic without flash

You mean I can't be a 5'11 power forward?

:dwillhuh:
3rd world nations routinely score higher in happiness surveys than 1st world nations :wow:

But they wain't wearing Ralphs though...:ld:

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
How old are you tho to put this into context? If you are under 24 thats one thing but if you are over that :sadcam:

Grams

Daps
Reppin
Eastside

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
I'm 6'1 in shoes but I got those POST MOVES breh :to:

No I just realized I am who I am in this world

Its not to late to change, friend. You wanna be 40 fat bald with a ugly fat bytch wife and 2 ugly ass kids making 45 k in a cubicle? make a joke out of my statement all you want but if you dont want shyt for yourself you aint gonna be shyt.