ABs are created in the kitchen

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Americans gon' hate to hear this, but I don't think people should eat more than 3 times a day. I used to think it was unhealthy to eat little, but I was very wrong. Before, I could eat a whole pizza no problem. Now, I can't even eat 3 slices without being full. I have eaten twice a day for almost 18 months now, and have not lost any of my bulk (5'8" 220). Eating TOO much is not good, all these people telling you about 6 small meals a day are crazy. Asians do eat a lot, but 90% of their food is soup-based. If you're eating mostly carbs and meat, you shouldn't be eating 4-6 times a day. I have some fruit and fruit juice in the morning, salad/vegetables with meat for lunch, and salad/vegetables w/ meat for dinner. If I do every have carbs, I keep it whole grain (ex. whole grain cheerios or total w/ almond milk) , and usually for a snack, I'm eating a fruit or a vegetable (addicted to carrots w/ dipping sauce). I literally don't need to exercise any more to maintain a decent figure :manny: , only to get ripped.

u say you eat 2 meals a day...then give an example of an average day for you that contains 3 meals

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
u say you eat 2 meals a day...then give an example of an average day for you that contains 3 meals

half pound of hamburger(salisbury steak) + veggies and a dinner roll

5 scrambled eggs, oatmeal and 3 slices of bacon

add some milk in there it aint hard to get good numbers :lift:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Eat a Calorie Deficit you should be able to lower bodyfat enough to see abs... get your body fat to 10%....

fatty foods and sugars should be avoided...

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so for the next few weeks im trying to eat strictly salads with grilled chicken or steak or veggies(sucatash mostly) with meat

i may cheat on the weekends but im not saying im going to. just saying its a possibility

so today for lunch i a steak salad with a bit of italian dressing how is that sounding men?

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
so for the next few weeks im trying to eat strictly salads with grilled chicken or steak or veggies(sucatash mostly) with meat

i may cheat on the weekends but im not saying im going to. just saying its a possibility

so today for lunch i a steak salad with a bit of italian dressing how is that sounding men?

Stay away from red meat IMHO. You want to loose weight and keep muscle mass? My routine:

Morning: run (I never eat before running in the morning) Get it how you live, but no matter how fat you are, after two weeks, you should be completing a mile, even if you have to take a break after each quarter mile. the goal should be to be able to run at least two miles nonstop, which is what I consider a decent workout, or one mile at constant reasonable speed, either or (by reasonable I mean less than 7 minutes)

eat some fruit, drink juice

Lunch: salad/vegetables, and chicken/fish. Don't use any creamy sauces or vinagrettes. Fat free italian, but best is to use none at all, just eat it fresh and cold, at least in the beginning. You be surprised how much appetite you lose just by eating large quantities of greens

before you eat dinner

run again, same as before, combined with some bodyweight workout: I.e. Monday pushups/pulls Tuesday squats/lunges Wed abs/lower back, etc

then you eat dinner, same as lunch

Never eat until you're full, your only snacks should be fruits/vegetables. You can add rice to dinner/lunch. Don't eat anything processed, that includes Fruit Loops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch ( :noah: ), and Honey Nut Cheerios in the beginning. You have to break down your body, turn it into a calorie burning machine.

^^^with this regimen, I lost 40 lbs in two months. I went from 260 to about 220. And even now, without effort, I am 225-230. Been too busy traveling to maintain the regime. I would probably be ripped somewhere around 210-215. Once you go even ONE month eating only two meals a day, your stomach will shrink. I can't imagine eating a whole pizza now, or a 12 piece chicken bucket, or a supersized mcdonalds meal, all of which I used to do before. :snoop: I be full with like a small turkey sandwich now. And the crazy thing was I didn't lose that much muscle mass. My arms stayed big. Basically, within one month, you can change your life if you put your mind to it my G.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
often answer i see on here but thats the only answer

so what exactly are you eating to get those abs

whats your breakfast lunch and dinner meals looking like:yeshrug:

Not the only answer, or even necessarily correct, just the most popular it seems. :unimpressed:

Does diet play a crucial role in "having abs"? Yes, but only because most people overestimate their expenditure and undercount (or don't count) their intake. :usure:

I'm of the mindset that if people were stronker, having abs would be easier. Squat 2x+ BW and pull 2.5x+ BW, don't overeat. Get to the point where your core us stronk enough to prevent you from folding in half under big boy weights and having abs is fairly easy. My abs show fairly clearly and I rarely hit them directly or watch what I eat.

YMMV. :yeshrug:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Not the only answer, or even necessarily correct, just the most popular it seems. :unimpressed:

Does diet play a crucial role in "having abs"? Yes, but only because most people overestimate their expenditure and undercount (or don't count) their intake. :usure:

I'm of the mindset that if people were stronker, having abs would be easier. Squat 2x+ BW and pull 2.5x+ BW, don't overeat. Get to the point where your core us stronk enough to prevent you from folding in half under big boy weights and having abs is fairly easy. My abs show fairly clearly and I rarely hit them directly or watch what I eat.

YMMV. :yeshrug:
Sadly even “abs” is subjective. Some people are fine having abs pretty with much no significant muscle anywhere else.

I do kind of agree with you. Picking up heavy shyt, putting it down, holding/lifting it while standing and carrying it can go a long way to building abs even without direct work.

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
Dunno what genes you guys have.. I train abs 6-8 minutes of 1munite routines, with 15-30 sec breaks inbetween EVERY SINGLE DAY... Just like cardio (jogging)... I do abs right at the start of my training and then officially START training for the day after abs.

Do you want those pencil trace looking lines or actual blocks pooping out, if you want that facebrick look, you work abs DAILY.. 5minimum

Also the most effective abs exercise are body weight (legs) base.. Doesn't involve much machines.

Diet is crucial at keeping you our entire body lean, but you can't just attribute abs to just diet/body fat percentage.

Post pics or get that terrible misinformation the FOH

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Dunno what genes you guys have.. I train abs 6-8 minutes of 1munite routines, with 15-30 sec breaks inbetween EVERY SINGLE DAY... Just like cardio (jogging)... I do abs right at the start of my training and then officially START training for the day after abs.

Do you want those pencil trace looking lines or actual blocks pooping out, if you want that facebrick look, you work abs DAILY.. 5minimum

Also the most effective abs exercise are body weight (legs) base.. Doesn't involve much machines.

Diet is crucial at keeping you our entire body lean, but you can't just attribute abs to just diet/body fat percentage.

Post pics or get that terrible misinformation the FOH
Post ya pics breh.