About To Purchase A PS5 With The Disc Thang, Give Me A Reason Why Should Go Digital On These Boys.. UPDATE Changed My Mind Im Getting An Xbox

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wish I had gotten the digital only PS5 at launch because I still haven't used the disc drive yet :pachaha:

Having to swap discs to play games just ruins the experience for me. That and the PSN sales are pretty good if u wait for the right time to purchase digital games, I've gotten a lot good shyt for pennies on the dollar

When you can jump from one game into another game in just a few seconds, disc’s just don’t cut it anymore.

s@n

All Star
Daps
I have kids and plenty of blu ray joints so all three that I’ve bought are disc drive

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Blue rays, buying cheaper games, selling games, etc. it’s good to have a disc option even if you are a digital guy

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
Bought the PS5 back in 2020, and the thought of using a disc has not crossed my mind once.

Honestly can't remember the last time I put a disc in a console.
Can’t imagine partying up and gaming with the fellas, we switching through games and I need to tell them, “hold on brehs let me switch this disc out, real quick ”

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
I just got my PS5 (finally :blessed:) in the middle of June and I went the disc option because I can always buy digital games too. And sometimes the internet goes down where I stay and with disc games it won't affect my gaming.

So I got WWE 2k23 disc because that's the game I will play most and I want no interruptions. While I bought Gotham Knights digitally because that's my in between game.

I'll probably get NBA 2k24 on disc and Spiderman 2 digitally. For the same reasons.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
theres no reason to go digital over disk tbh. At the very least, disk gives you the option to go physical if you change your mind down the road

I buy all my games digital, but I have a disk drive bc i have blu-ray/dvd movies i also collect :manny:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I got the disc version for blue rays as I have a Sony Atmos speaker (not soundbar) setup and Sony TV since lockdown to replicate a movie cinema.

I’ve watched 2 damn films on the console :snoop: :dead: …I probably should have gone digital especially with the full PSN subscription everything is streamed or free

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
It's just preference... for me, it was about the aesthetics and my overall entertainment setup. I'm all in on digital. I don't wanna spend the money or utilize any space I do have on storing physical discs. That is an expense in itself. If you've expanded your PS5 ssd memory, then you have plenty of storage space for movies (if you desire) and games.

I'm an old head, so I'm not borrowing games from any of my friends and I'm not getting up to change game or movie discs; when I get up from gaming, I'm done for the day.

Lastly, I regularly wish list games that I'm interested in, then I wait for them to come down because I already have backlog of saved games that I haven't finished yet. This way if the wish list games end up being trash or I just lose interest in it, I just remove it, then I'll buy the games for the very low.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I like collecting cases and stuff. My cloud storage will available for the disc junt right?

the disc version is pointless. cuz the games still have to install on the hard drive. all the disc does is make it so you don't can't bootleg the game by installing it and selling the disc to someone else.

save yourself the $100 and get the digital. initially, I was upset I got the digital, but there is absolutely NO REASON to have the disc version unless u just wanna waste money.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
the disc version is pointless. cuz the games still have to install on the hard drive. all the disc does is make it so you don't can't bootleg the game by installing it and selling the disc to someone else.

save yourself the $100 and get the digital. initially, I was upset I got the digital, but there is absolutely NO REASON to have the disc version unless u just wanna waste money.

Disc games are 59.99 digital games are 69.99 it's a catch 22 situation :manny:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
stay with pysical...:manny: the digital thing you will get screwed in the long run...
I’m making an effort to avoid digital too. If you game share and your internet goes out you can’t play. Games can be pulled offline at any time. Same reason I try to always buy my music and games hard copy. Preserve physical media. That shyt matters.