ABC's upcoming sitcom: "Black-ish"

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Great start to the season, even the board leader had to look at the principal :dwillhuh:for not seeing Training Day.

Charlie continues to have the highest PER of any character on the show, when he pulled out the gun :dead:. Good look for Curtis being on Blackish and Survivor's Remorse in the same week :ehh:. White girl in the meeting being Dennis' ex-wife from Always Sunny :ohhh:.

Both Junior and Bruce from Gotham came back in the new season taller, and Junior's voice is less squeaky. His storyline this ep was kinda eh though. Party-time's story carried the episode, but he should have listened to Diane and went with the radio edit. :lolbron:them flashing the picture of Hogan.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They should swap this with the muppets. This show pairs better with Fresh off the Boat anyway.

Nah they want it paired with modern family and the middle and the goldbergs...that whole family vibe they got going. Fresh off the boat is a tad more subversive than black.ish so it makes sense to be with the muppets. Plus they don't want a happy endings situation on their hands where they start jerking something around from its modern family lead in and the ratings go down all because they want to outsmart themselves

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
"Jewish kids get to go to Israel, black kids get to say this."

"I'm not gonna be the only black family in this neighborhood with a brown lawn."

"You know what word I miss? Colored."

"Looking like a young Denzel!"

"A lot of good lessons to be learned from a good ass-whooping."

"Mexicans can't say it, but Dominicans can?"

"WHICH FRIENDS?!?"

Master class... They literally covered every base....

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Why do they put this on the same day and time as empire :why:

A great show that they are setting up for failure

Thursday nights would be perfect for Blackish

Homie...Thursday is Shonda night. If you're not a Shonda Rhimes drama, you're not seeing Thursday nights and there's no way they're bumping any of those shows since they've already branded Thursday as TGIT and Shondaland night.

They put it on Wednesdays to pair it with their family line up: The Middle (white family in the midwest) The Goldbergs (jewish family in the 80s) Modern Family (prototypical family in so cal) and black.ish (Black upper class family in so cal) . They don't expect it to beat Empire, just maintain modern family's audience even a little bit and be a success on its own terms. There's no way it would beat empire anyway, whether head to head or not

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Nah they want it paired with modern family and the middle and the goldbergs...that whole family vibe they got going. Fresh off the boat is a tad more subversive than black.ish so it makes sense to be with the muppets. Plus they don't want a happy endings situation on their hands where they start jerking something around from its modern family lead in and the ratings go down all because they want to outsmart themselves

What about swapping it with the Goldbergs?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What about swapping it with the Goldbergs?

Everything has worked where it is. They're not going to move stuff just for the hell of it. It works with the modern family lead in and goldbergs works with the middle lead in. They been shuffling their wednesday night lineup for years and they finally got something that works for them, they're not going to change it just just because. Plus Black.ish is a bit more harder edged than the goldbergs so it needs to be in that 9/930 spot. Goldbergs isn't doing anything like the n word episode. Once 9 or 10 hits, you can do more risqué stuff

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
They need to incorporate the grandparents more into the show as well. I like that duo. They need to figure out something with the two older kids. The younger two kids gel together well and they're cute so they have that going for them. I just need ABC to give me at least 5 seasons of this show :feedme:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do they put this on the same day and time as empire :why:

A great show that they are setting up for failure.

They didn't set it up for failure. Last season was the first for both of these shows and ABC gave them this time slot following one of their top rated sitcoms. Empire didn't come into the equation at the time because no one knew if it would succeed, especially at the level that it has, it could have ended up another Fox show canceled after 3 episodes. Now that both shows are a hit neither network wants to change something that's working for them.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
"You know what word I miss.......colored....."

3412412.gif

Daps
Everything has worked where it is. They're not going to move stuff just for the hell of it. It works with the modern family lead in and goldbergs works with the middle lead in. They been shuffling their wednesday night lineup for years and they finally got something that works for them, they're not going to change it just just because. Plus Black.ish is a bit more harder edged than the goldbergs so it needs to be in that 9/930 spot. Goldbergs isn't doing anything like the n word episode. Once 9 or 10 hits, you can do more risqué stuff

But it wouldn't be "just because" it would be because a lot of their potential viewers will be watching Empire.

But I should shut up...I'd rather DVR it Wednesday and watch it at 10 then have it come on the same time as Thursday Night Football