ABC's upcoming sitcom: "Black-ish"

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Powerful post:mjcry:...I cant say black folks are dying for a tv show about fighting oppression,and injustice though:comeon:...But the reality show shyt is a copout,those are basically soap operas and bytches have always loved soap operas,and those shows replaced soaps....the popularty of reality tv show drama didn't start with us anyway.

I don't think black folks are against a suburban/middle class California family,Moesha did just fine,Bernie Mac as well....I just watch this show and don't really care about any character on this show and nobody is standout funny....and the humor is somewhat watered down to not scare away white people which will turn away some black people:manny:...

People got mad when I said its time for a hood sitcom and weve had enuff Blackishes....I understand over the past decade hood sitcoms basically mean low budget,bad writing,about bullshyt,ovver the top borderline c00nish characters and most importantly not funny, but that's not what I was asking for....I think we are prime for a show like a Good Times,South Central with good writing,well written characters/actors..

I just think somewhere down the line we OD'd on well to do black familys trying to counter stereotypes....I didn't mean stop making shows like Blackish all together,but don't forget to represent the masses too and networks need to give those shows a chance...I just don't think Blackish is as great as some of yall are hyping it...as if it must be problem with black people who don't want to watch it:comeon:.

Its about 1 level above Family Time that comes on BounceTV that I don't see nobody demanding blacks need to watch....and lowkey I give it my stamp of approval based on the fact I watched it for a whole 30 minutes becuz I was so hypnotized by Angel Conwells wagon:mjcry:....She thicker than she ever been yall:banderas:

Does that still come on breh? I know BounceTv is an affiliate which doesn't get everyone but I haven't heard much about it in a couple years so I figured they tossed it to the bushes.

And it would be nice to get a show like Good Times or South Central again but you'd need someone with the genius of Norman Leer to pull that off and I don't know if we have that anymore. Well I don't know if the hollywood system is built for someone like that anymore

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does that still come on breh? I know BounceTv is an affiliate which doesn't get everyone but I haven't heard much about it in a couple years so I figured they tossed it to the bushes.

And it would be nice to get a show like Good Times or South Central again but you'd need someone with the genius of Norman Leer to pull that off and I don't know if we have that anymore. Well I don't know if the hollywood system is built for someone like that anymore

Yeah i saw the commercial for the second season even though i didn't know it made it through a first season:dahell:...i watched about two episodes last season cuz i always liked Omar Gooding and his character of Mo on Smart Guy is underated:mjcry:...i caught a rerun of this new season other day,wouldnt go out of my way to see it,but if you see that wagon while you channel surfing you wont turn away:blessed:...Blackish couldn't even give us a fat azz version of Traci Ellis Ross:scust:

And true Norman Leer just knew how to make and cast shows with great characters people would fall in love with...Ralph Farquar as well,he did South Central watered it down for it to become Moesha but still be good....people who make successful shows that people like obviously have a successful formula and talent that's rare because they often have success after success.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Which ever channel ABC is. I think you're right

Thanks breh :myman:

I saw this thread so I watched it on "on demand" but whenever I go on 507 that shyt is never on, no repeats or anything... :manny:

That shyt is dope though... Anthony Anderson is a lame ass nikka but I can't front on this dope shyt :salute:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I saw this thread so I watched it on "on demand" but whenever I go on 507 that shyt is never on, no repeats or anything... :manny:

That shyt is dope though... Anthony Anderson is a lame ass nikka but I can't front on this dope shyt :salute:

Wednesday at 930, right after modern family

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal

idk what u talking about Anthony Anderson been an underrated comic actor since Romeo must die:dahell: