ABC's upcoming sitcom: "Black-ish"

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Just started watching since @CHICAGO recommended it and it's funny as fukk, the Nod episode cemented it for me :dead:
yo that episode had me CRYING
the way Lawrence Fishburne just be poppin up with the fukkery is part of what makes the show so funny imo
"something wrong with yo neck boy?!?!" :deadmanny:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
so it's legit? no c00nin? :patrice:

I thought it was gonna be wack, but it's funny as hell, haven't seen any c00nin yet and I looked up the producers/creator and everyone is black except for two folks.

I was expecting Cleveland Show type shyt where it's very obviously made by white people, or Modern Family but black, but so far they've had subtle things that white people wouldn't really know.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
I thought it was gonna be wack, but it's funny as hell, haven't seen any c00nin yet and I looked up the producers/creator and everyone is black except for two folks.

I was expecting Cleveland Show type shyt where it's very obviously made by white people, or Modern Family but black, but so far they've had subtle things that white people wouldn't really know.
I'm gonna have to check it out then. I've had the 1st episode saved on my dvr, but never watched

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
coli/rec room seal of approval? should i start downloading in 1080p?

no.

watch it on tv, so that it could get good ratings and actually stay on television.

Breh it had good ratings the first week and the 2nd from what I read..the title hasn't hurt it. only on the coli I guess:whoknows:

i know a couple people who have blackness issues that absolutely refuse to even watch this show to see what its about.

ALOT of those types are on the coli.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Anti-c00ning at its finest.

Right..like it bugs me that dudes would think that it would be c00ning. Why is that the first instinct? A show with the premise of exploring what it means to be black in America in 2014 while living in the very rich suburbs of Cali..what about that says c00n?

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Right..like it bugs me that dudes would think that it would be c00ning. Why is that the first instinct? A show with the premise of exploring what it means to be black in America in 2014 while living in the very rich suburbs of Cali..what about that says c00n?
Not trying to turn this into a sociohistorical discussion, but that's the problem. How can a show set in the rich suburbs of California HONESTLY discuss what it means to be black in America in 2014? My answer is it can't. Majority of blacks don't live in that socioeconomic space, so we cannot identify with it. We are on the cusp of a New Nadir as political subjugation has silenced our voices, economic exploitation has transformed into sub working class work for the masses, and social humiliation and state sponsored violence is SOARING right now across the nation. That show does not engage the question of the black masses: 90 percent of the black population in this nation does not live like that at all. So what exactly is it trying to show? People aren't watching because it doesn't depict the reality for the majority black class as it struggles to fight racial, capitalist, and gendered oppression

Last edited:

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at

Have to be sure of whose delivering the message tho. It's coming from a black perspective but at the same time, if the writers aren't black, that's where u begin to have nikkas questioning its authenticity.

This show is in good hands tho:myman: