ABC's upcoming sitcom: "Black-ish"

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
So this show is actually good? I just saw the trailer for the first time and cringed the whole way through.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just watch it. Coli brehs will call someone a c00n for telling a white person Merry Christmas, but this thread is 400+ posts of praise. We got a winner :blessed:

And coli brehs will judge something without seeing one full piece of it and without understanding why something is presented the way it is. Cats heard the title and assumed it was one thing when there was enough info out there that explained why the title was what it was. But hey, I'm guessing reading isn't that fundamental anymore is it:sas2:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
first episode seemed like they were trying to hard, second episode where he was talking to his son about sex was painfully unfunny, last episode was solid, him trying to get those black kids to come to his house and the lady calling the police on him was hilarious

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Just watched the first 3 episodes. I saw them promoting the hell out of it and now I feel a bit dumb for not supporting :mjlol: This show is legit. Great black humor, makes salient points that non-blacks can relate to, and always drives home with a message. So far at least. It's a pretty well rounded show :ehh:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
the way laurence fishburne asked "something wrong with your neck, boy?" :laff:

anthony anderson was about to crack up when he saw his kid doing pilates

the cast is solid.. besides maybe the oldest daughter.. but that might be more her character than the actress.

the show has been much better than the commercials made it look.. and it probably should've had a different name..

Breh put the fear of god in him :russ: you could tell he'd never been talked to like that before

Pops: "Something wrong wit your neck boy?! :birdman:"

Junior: "What?! :why: No :whoa:... at least, I don't think so :wow:"

Pops: :ufdup:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You sound like a "new black" c00n..
I dont need a sitcom to address or resolve racism. Lol. but your first mistake is thinking this show is for blacks to talk about black issues. this show is for cacs to laugh at and trivialize black issues.

Dave chapelle realized this and quit his show cause of it. Any attempt at black social commentary was lost when trying to cater to a majority white audience.
you do realize this is tv right??

why the hell everything gotta be roots part 2?? if the black people are rich, and live in white towns, it's wrong to show that.. even tho it's life

if its blacks struggling.. on some good times shyt.. it's wrong to joke about that cause it's a real struggle

when it's realistic and raw and based on real shyt... like the wire... then it's the best show ever.. but dammit why aren't white people watching it.. fukk them

when white people tune into something... then it's this shyt was made for white people to mock and laugh at us

i mean what in the entire fukk??

it's not a drama.. it's not meant to be serious... nobody gives two fukks about watching shows on black social issues.. including black people... same black would be mad at that too... oh oh oh you gonna air out our social issues in front of white people??

its TV... of course they don't give a fukk... are people watching? are we selling that tv time?? that's all they want to know... from BET to FOX news... if BET could make big money off white people, they do it tomorrow... if fox news could make more money being democrat centric... they would

be entertained or turn off the tv but stop acting like TV suddenly is some deep social tool to teach anybody anything... even the news is all entertainment these days

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
i did the same but then they flipped it when the assistant said he loved field hockey like his dad. so Andre was snapped back to reality with that thought.

I wanna eat Tracee Ellis Ross
there is something wrong with her eyes... one's bigger than the other.. and one will blink while the other stays open... and they bug out................. and she old..................

and this WOMAN is still a diiiiiiiiiiime :blessed:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
best episode so far.

even had a good compromising ending, unlike the ending to the 1st episode that ruined what couldve been a legendary pilot.