☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
wasnt the best written episode, but they talked about it which other sitcoms have not.
yeah...it was in some ways, the worst episode of the whole series because of how excessive and ham-fisted it was with its message, which I appreciate, but its clearly not for me since:

1. I already know this stuff

2. Its not made for me

3. It was just too corny...especially Zoey's "acting" ...shyt was just too off.

BUT...this is easily one of the GOAT black sitcoms already so i'll let it slide based on the content.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is such a great show brehs and brehettes. Great episode. :wow:
For some reason, I have a hard time getting other black folk to watch or get into it.
Many can't get past the name "black-ish." :stopitslime:Others think it isn't funny or hate the "smarter than their age" twins.
Bums me out.
I know network TV comedies can be lame but I think the black-ish writers deliver good universal comedy with hilarious aspects of African-American culture sprinkled in.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
yeah...it was in some ways, the worst episode of the whole series because of how excessive and ham-fisted it was with its message, which I appreciate, but its clearly not for me since:

1. I already know this stuff

2. Its not made for me

3. It was just too corny...especially Zoey's "acting" ...shyt was just too off.

BUT...this is easily one of the GOAT black sitcoms already so i'll let it slide based on the content.
Shut up APU

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Really good episode of the show, only part of the writing I can see not flowing well was the statistics which is something that will happen whenever characters have to rattle off numbers. The way everybody reacted was in character too. I didn't think Zoey was too bad in her scene towards the end :manny:, she is probably the weakest actor among the core cast on the show though.

Traci Ellis Ross and Anthony Anderson are so funny on the show, you forgot how good they can be dramatically :wow:. Him talking to her about Obama and her reaction were :mjcry:.

I like a good fajita burrito as much as the next person, but Chipolte shouldn't be their default takeout choice :francis:.

Liked Jack keeping it real and saying Zoey was the only one they trusted in the house :yeshrug:while Rainbow had the :dwillhuh: look.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Great episode. Anthony could might knockout an emmy based on that one Obama monologue. Can't wait to see people like Giuliani get butthurt. My man Junior was ready to roll. Only thing I didn't like was that they ended the episode with protesting being the "end." And we all know protesting don't do shyt for real.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Dope dope episode. Ham fisted with how shyt was thrown in but what was thrown in was on point. It didn't go for the easy hook, it portrayed everything in a complex nuanced way and Anthony Anderson's speech to Bo was incredible. Especially because I remember feeling the same exact way. Almost made me tear up. But aside from how powerful it was, it was also funny

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The show is black excellence. Excellent episode. Now we just need the Carmichael Show to bring more episodes so we can enter that Martin/Fresh Prince type era of excellent black sitcoms again.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
My boys wife is Filipino and is often a lot like Rainbow, a bit naive, when it comes to race. This show hit all the black viewpoints.

I actually loved the subtle "dig" at Coates. Basically saying that he's getting props for eloquently writing what every black person has said and felt.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

I'd say yes. Since I caught up with the current season during the Winter Break & all the tv shows have returned from winter break last month, I've notice it's easily the best of all the sitcoms I keep up with week-to-week & the sitcom I look most forward to.

:snoop: Can't believe this show didn't get nominated for Emmy or Golden Globe.

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I actually loved the subtle "dig" at Coates. Basically saying that he's getting props for eloquently writing what every black person has said and felt.
You caught that too :sas2:

She was like I don't need a book to tell me how to feel I was like :gladbron: but at the same time it may have been a subtle shot it also is just reality of some folk. They did a good job of not making us a monolith even though the episode focused on just one family.